• Guest FORUM patch notes JUNE! Click Here to learn more!

Question PAYMENT

Dimi

TubeBuddy User
There are a few perks on YouTube. As Andrew and Ikerot wrote, there's Adsense, and then there's the custom URL, which you get when you hit 100 subscribers. Besides that, there are the superchat feature, the community tab + more I'm sure I forgot.

Reactions: Andrew

Beanie Draws

I actually noticed the last two months have been off when it comes to payments. For me, I usually get paid on the 22nd of each month, maybe a day or two later if the 22nd falls on a weekend, but in November I noticed it took a whole extra week for the adsense to get paid out and for a while there I was a bit worried I might not actually get paid, but it eventually came through a lot later than normal (it was around American Thanksgiving which I assumed was the cause of the delay)

22nd this Month fell on a saturday. Generally you don't get paid until the next business day after the weekend, which is the 24th, but the 24th for me is still the 23rd (sunday) in America, so I thought it wasn't going to clear until AFTER christmas because of holiday delays in America. Lo and behold I got paid a day earlier than normal which was a welcome surprise.

Also, in terms of getting the perks (you should see any perks from your unlocks under your channel tab. that will show what's legible and unlockable.

Community tab doesn't come up under that tab, so it's a waiting game to see when you get the community tab unlocked, but you well get a notification when it happens. Some have waiting weeks.
The stories "perk

In terms of PAYMENT, You have to setup an adsense account once you've gained monetisation. If you've hit the 1k subs 4000 hours mark, that's when you get monetisation unlocked, and from what I understand, they don't backpay, so you only get whatever you may have had in your adsense account BEFORE the new rules came into play. If you started your channel AFTER the rules came into effect, And you have 1k subs etc, more than likely you're going to have to wait a month before the first payment comes through.

You have to from my understanding have a minimum of $100 before Adsense will give you a payout. I have 21k subscribers and average between $100 on a rough month, to $300 on a good month, I'm not sure what a channel 1/10 or 1/20 my size would get in a month, but my basic maths tells me unless you get REALLY good CPM/CPR or whatever the term is... you may actually have to wait longer than a month or two before you accumulate enough adsense for the minimum payout. I also believe if you have say, $90, you'll have to wait until the next month's pay date. I know some companies will only pay on one particular day a month, and if you don't make the minimum payout size, you have to wait until the next month's payout date. I'm not 100% sure how adsense works, but it may be that they will just wait to have the pay date to be set to when you first make the $100 minimum payout.

I also didn't know how to get my adsense until well after a year or two. I ended up accumulating over $1000 in adsense before I figured out how to get it. You actually have to set it up and apply for it through adsense themselves.

Simply hitting the 1k subscriber threshold doesn't mean you automatically start getting paid. And unless YouTube have specifically sent you an email or app notification that you're open for monetisation, you might not even have been granted monetisation. 1000/4000 doesn't guarantee anything. They're actually getting rather strict on that.

So yeah, to summerise.
1 - Makse sure you qualify and you've received a notification that you're now monestised
2 - wait long enough to accumulate the minimum $100 payout threshold
3 - while waiting, make sure you've properly setup your adsense so you DO get a payout. They won't pay you until you set it up manually yourself.

Shazy Jeo

Newbie Member
TubeBuddy Pro
There are a few perks on YouTube. As Andrew and Ikerot wrote, there's Adsense, and then there's the custom URL, which you get when you hit 100 subscribers. Besides that, there are the superchat feature, the community tab + more I'm sure I forgot.
I didn't know about superchat can you explain how superchat works?

Reactions: Dimi