• Guest FORUM patch notes JUNE! Click Here to learn more!

Question My latest video view count frozen?

Shazy Jeo

Newbie Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Hi there?
I just uploaded a YouTube rewind 2018 video on my channel. Than I know I got views but the counter went up until 16 and stopped but I had more traffic as I knew that already. Today after 4 days of counter being stuck on 16, my doubt was correct! The tubebuddy chrome extension via viewing the YouTube videos showed I had exactly 167 views and than suddenly it went up 168 as I was checking. Than I went back to original YouTube page without chrome extension and again it shows only 16 views??? Can anyone recommend what is happening? Thanks so much.
YouTube channel "Shazy Jeo"

kunicross

TubeBuddy Pro
The analytics can be a bit strange sometimes for example if I check my sub count on the creator studio app, web page and tubebuddy I have another value at each of them usually - it's better to look at that on a bigger scale and not to often else you can become a bit crazy. ;) usually your views and subs will be there and show up sooner or later.

OP
OP
Shazy Jeo

Shazy Jeo

Newbie Member
TubeBuddy Pro
I went onto your channel and I see that it's at 167, so it might just be on your end. Have you tried checking with a different browser?
I sent a letter to YouTube with screenshot of the problem. They fixed it last night. Issue resolved. Thanks for taking the time to read my problem out. I have been on YouTube for 6 years this has to be first.
Shaz

Reactions: kunicross
OP
OP
Shazy Jeo

Shazy Jeo

Newbie Member
TubeBuddy Pro
The analytics can be a bit strange sometimes for example if I check my sub count on the creator studio app, web page and tubebuddy I have another value at each of them usually - it's better to look at that on a bigger scale and not to often else you can become a bit crazy. ;) usually your views and subs will be there and show up sooner or later.
Thanks for reaching out to me. The issue has resolved. Yes I agree about analytics on different browsers to other views. For instance if you check social blade statistics they're on comparison level with other's channel or solo.

Reactions: kunicross
OP
OP
Shazy Jeo

Shazy Jeo

Newbie Member
TubeBuddy Pro
YouTube's been having issues with their analytics in all side according to their team YT twitter account:

View: https://twitter.com/TeamYouTube/status/1075438351828697088

I'd chalk it up to that.
Interesting to know, glad it wasn't only my account affected by the glitch. As discussed this incident is the first time in my years of being on YouTube that has happened and now fixed. 167 is a number I shall not forget.

Reactions: Andrew

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Interesting to know, glad it wasn't only my account affected by the glitch. As discussed this incident is the first time in my years of being on YouTube that has happened and now fixed. 167 is a number I shall not forget.
I'd follow them to stay the most up to date on what's happening with YT.

Reactions: Shazy Jeo

Nick Nimmin

TubeBuddy Legend
I just ran across this the other day while digging around so went back to grab the quote for you:

"Frozen view count
On some videos, the view count might seem frozen or not show all the views that you expect. Video views are algorithmically validated to maintain fair and positive experiences for content creators, advertisers, and users. To verify that views are real and accurate, YouTube may temporarily slow down, freeze, or adjust the view count, as well as discard low-quality playbacks."

OP
OP
Shazy Jeo

Shazy Jeo

Newbie Member
TubeBuddy Pro
I just ran across this the other day while digging around so went back to grab the quote for you:

"Frozen view count
On some videos, the view count might seem frozen or not show all the views that you expect. Video views are algorithmically validated to maintain fair and positive experiences for content creators, advertisers, and users. To verify that views are real and accurate, YouTube may temporarily slow down, freeze, or adjust the view count, as well as discard low-quality playbacks."
I must thank you for digging up the crucial satisfying piece of uncounted frozen Youtube views.

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com

"Frozen view count
This can happen from time to time, and I've seen it take MONTHS unfortunately :/