Question Is this forum more active than Yttalk?

PWN

New User
I was just on yttalk but it hasn't been as active as it used to be. I came across this forum and see there's quite a bit of activity here. Are any of you familiar with yttalk?

Ikerot

TubeBuddy Star
I used to be on YTTalk back in... 2015? It was great during those times, but now it's not that good anymore.

I came onto this forum in 2016 and I'm still here :p

I've never heard of YTTalk, but I haven't been using these forums as often as I should considering how long I've actually been a member for :p
TB forums have also had a complete redesign which they've been advertising. THAT would be why there's a lot of activity in here now as people like me, re-discover the forms. I've always known they were here, but kinda got sidetracked with other platforms.

Damon

TubeBuddy User
I had no idea there was another YouTube forum. I've always wondered if forums have a life span. I've seen certain forums that were highly active even a couple years ago just die for no apparent reason. I speculate that why TB forums continue is because you have a company who continues to bring a relevant product/service to the fore.

kunicross

TubeBuddy User
As all the others I haven´t heard about yttalk - I´ve been aware that other forums do exist but have been quite happy with this one so far - activity is quite ok it goes up and down sometimes (I guess mostly seasonal trends) but there is a active core that is very responsive but small enough to know most people at least a little bit.

Ikerot

TubeBuddy Star
So, why isn't it good anymore? Again, I've never heard of it.
Personally, some of the staffs I liked left and I'm not a big fan of the current people. Ads on the forum is crazy lol. I'm usually fine with ads, but the placement of them are insane. I understand that they need money to keep the forum up, but jeez...

The original feel of YTTalk isn't there anymore. It just feels more... I guess "corporate." That's just me, though.

By the way, the connection on that site isn't secure (no SSL), so if anybody is thinking about signing up, be careful.

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
The ideas of this forum are to meet new people, get better at TubeBuddy, and improve :) We work on that frequently, and try go build, and give back to our community here. Some of our best features have come from the forums. I worked on forums for many years, and I think we have a pretty great group of people :)