• Guest FORUM patch notes JUNE! Click Here to learn more!

Seeking Advice How will you know if your Channel is Growing?

Tito Tim

TubeBuddy User
To know how my channel is doing I monitor my stats and viewer interaction. I used to just track sub # and views, but have started paying attention to demographics, retention etc. YouTube gives you a lot of analytic information and the new studio, I think, presents it better.

Looking at my analytics I see that my viewer retention has been slowly improving (can't seem to break 4 minute average). My view to sub ratio is a bit higher than average, and I get a lot of comments for the amount of views - I have a small but active subscriber base. That is important to me for community building, although it has not yet translated into any viral vids, or big interwebs money ha ha (that is not my goal, so no worries).

Reactions: Meister
OP
OP
Meister

Meister

Newbie Member
TubeBuddy User
Thank You! Ive been analyzing my Analytics and yes it really helps, You will know what you need to do next and what to improve on, For me, Ive been getting a lot of views for my channel, But they are not subscribing, maybe there is less audience engagement in my Vids. But, It might improve soon. :D

Reactions: Andrew

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Thank You! Ive been analyzing my Analytics and yes it really helps, You will know what you need to do next and what to improve on, For me, Ive been getting a lot of views for my channel, But they are not subscribing, maybe there is less audience engagement in my Vids. But, It might improve soon. :D
What is the reason people should subscribe to YOU specifically besides the fact you make content? :) Knowing that can help!

OP
OP
Meister

Meister

Newbie Member
TubeBuddy User
What is the reason people should subscribe to YOU specifically besides the fact you make content? :) Knowing that can help!
Yes, It is what Im thinking also, As a I put myself on the point of view of the Viewer, :D It needs more work on engaging audience.

Reactions: kunicross

BraveStarrTG

Life Is A Game
I have a couple of questions and also an opinion if I may based on the fact that I too am doing a gaming channel.

1) I looked at a few of your videos, why don't you include some commentary in your videos? Just curious.

2) Are these 2 games on your channel the only games you play?

As for my opinion let me first say that I love your thumbnails. I have yet to master the art of a satisfying thumbnail. Its still a work in progress for me. Your videos are nice and clean and your intro is nice and short which is good for starting a channel. But I do have a couple of things, in my opinion, that might be what's not drawing people to subscribe. First the music you use on your videos is pretty loud, enough that you can't really hear the game sounds. Personally I prefer the music to not drown out the gameplay but I like music in the background whether its from the game or your own. Second, commentary might also help. I like watching videos where the creator is talking and seems to be communicating with me through his videos. Makes it more personal.

Of course these are just my opinions based on what I like. But I do have a huge list of Youtube channels I subscribe to, most extremely popular channels, and they mostly have these things in common. its also how I am trying to get my channel going and my next step is to add a webcam to my videos for even more personalization and interaction with my potential audience. It's also my way of getting over my shyness and inability to talk in front of people.

Ater

TubeBuddy Pro
Your videos average about 30 views and you have 14 subs? That sounds very good to me? Growing a channel is in most cases a marathon not a sprint. But I think Andrews question is a very good one, there are probably hundreds of thousands of gaming channels out there, why should anyone subscribe to you? What do you do that other channels don't? What do you do better than other channels?

That's a question I have been struggling a bit with myself and it took me a few years to reach 1000 subs. For me really trying to find a niche or even a niche within a niche has helped a lot, before that my videos basically disappeared behind much bigger and more popular YouTubers that where doing similar content.

Ronnieleeeee

Newbie Member
TubeBuddy User
Youtube Studio is probably something I couldn't live without lol it helps a lot when it comes to analytics such as watch time, views etc its a great tool