Seeking Advice Hello

vanessa

New User
what are good suggestions for a youtuber like myself to get more subscribers on my channel meaning what are more good videos to do on my channel because i can't think of any

kunicross

TubeBuddy User
With christmas time there is much more activity on YouTube (Vlogmas and such) either go with the competition or use the time for more long term projects.

Generally speaking having "evergreen" videos does help a lot, tutorials and such which stay valid for a longer time and constantly drews audience - you might already have some of those, check your analytics.

kunicross

TubeBuddy User
what do u mean by evergreen videos?
Evergreen videos are videos that always drive in views and traffic to your channel - for example a Vlog or news video is often only relevant for a short periode of time while a good tutorial does stay relevant for much longer.

For example I have a video on my channel how to (possible) revive Sony phones (they totally shut down after contact with liquids) and I have at least a couple of people commenting thanks on that video every month - it's still watched and helping people even months after I posted it.

If I comment on some news story nobody will watch that video after a while - for example: we where hit by a big storm and I made a video basically saying that we are all right and it got 755 views in 2 days but nobody has watched it since then.

Evergreen videos are videos that always drive in views and traffic to your channel - for example a Vlog or news video is often only relevant for a short periode of time while a good tutorial does stay relevant for much longer.

For example I have a video on my channel how to (possible) revive Sony phones (they totally shut down after contact with liquids) and I have at least a couple of people commenting thanks on that video every month - it's still watched and helping people even months after I posted it.

If I comment on some news story nobody will watch that video after a while - for example: we where hit by a big storm and I made a video basically saying that we are all right and it got 755 views in 2 days but nobody has watched it since then.
I had no idea these were called evergreens. Makes so much sense. I have noticed 3 kinds of videos that tend to bring tons of views no matter how long ago they are uploaded: self produced songs for video games or anime, how to videos and of course controversial topics. I made a song for the videogame PUBg just for fun. Its in my own voice with lyrics that I wrong to the beat of a song I found on YT that said could be used copyright free. My 3rd most viewed video my channel trailer at 60 views, my second is a how to video for nVidia's Freestyle software at 177 views but my most viewed video is the PUBg song which currently stands at 25,723 views. The half of the rest of my videos barely reach 40 views. I don't do controversial videos because my channel is a gaming channel and don't want to litter it with news outside of gaming. Though there could also be the chance I may end up with one if one of the games I play ends up in a controversy.

kunicross

TubeBuddy User
I had no idea these were called evergreens. Makes so much sense. I have noticed 3 kinds of videos that tend to bring tons of views no matter how long ago they are uploaded: self produced songs for video games or anime, how to videos and of course controversial topics. I made a song for the videogame PUBg just for fun. Its in my own voice with lyrics that I wrong to the beat of a song I found on YT that said could be used copyright free. My 3rd most viewed video my channel trailer at 60 views, my second is a how to video for nVidia's Freestyle software at 177 views but my most viewed video is the PUBg song which currently stands at 25,723 views. The half of the rest of my videos barely reach 40 views. I don't do controversial videos because my channel is a gaming channel and don't want to litter it with news outside of gaming. Though there could also be the chance I may end up with one if one of the games I play ends up in a controversy.
Well no idea if evergreen is something of a official term but it's what is mostly used in this forum - it's most of the time used for those old songs people still listen to decades after they have been made.

Usually on most videos you get a initial spike of views and afterwards they drop substantial a evergreen has a more constant curve and often its even inverted (very few views at first but then increasing afterwards) this is my most fitting video on my secondary channel: Screenshot_20181215_213621_com.google.android.apps.youtube.creator.jpg