Channel Review Meister Gaming Channel

Meister

New User
TubeBuddy Pro
Self Review: I started my gaming channel basically just uploading game play content of First-Person and Third-Person Games I play on my devices, but the great thing is it only focuses on those type of games.

In my channel, I am not currently into streaming, don't have the equipment yet, so in the meantime I only Uploads game plays and some walk through of new game I like which is in line with the type of game I'm playing in the channel.

Desired Feedback: All comments are welcome, But if your experienced enough I wanted you to give me an in depth and honest feedback from your experiences, and surely that will make me better. Thank You

Link to Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzxgvIxlRe5Dn16fCwsvsRQ

Link to Other Review Post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/13711/

jy95

Newbie Member
Here is my short review of your channel [Thread edited to follow forum rules]

I see that you made good illustrations ( banner , thumbnails , etc) and tags research on your video. As you must know, eye catching graphics and SEO often makes the difference ^^
In my opinion, the intro should be short (I think the interesting part is 0:04-0:12) : most viewers usually see the first 6-8 seconds to see if it is worthy to see.
Finding your niche in gaming content is quite hard so maybe try games that aren't covered well that YOU find interesting ( but still remain open to your subscribers suggestion )

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Meister

Meister

New User
TubeBuddy Pro
Thanks man, Appreciate it. I just did shorten my Intro now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I LOVE the banner, but the banner doesn't tell me much. Meister needs to be telling me what you do. I've seen enough gaming channels to kind of figure that this is a gaming channel, but other than that, it's a guessing game. so I'd put your value proposition under Meister.

I'm glad that your channel trailer space is being used for a video of gameplay rather than an actual trailer. The main thing to keep a focus on though, is are you using a video that converts subscribers as your channel trailer video? or are you falling into the trap that I also fell into, where you go "hmm, if I use this video as the channel trailer, it'll get more views" more views doesn't mean more subscribers, so go into your analytics and see which video has gained you the most subscribers, and go with that video.

Your thumbnaills are clean and tidy so I can't fault them, you're onto a very good start. I don't have time to watch anything right now, but on face value it looks good.

I'd get rid of facebook from your banner, and instead of paypal, I'd start up a patreon and use that instead. Having a paypal first out of your icons give me a "please give me money for playing games" vibe, where as patreon gives me of a "I'm starting a community and I'd love you to join my community" vibe. Facebook sucks so I'd take it out, and unless you're trying to take people off platform (which is VERY bad for your channel right now) I'd get rid of the other icons as well. I'd simply have a youtube subscribe icon, a patreon icon, and maybe twitter.

kunicross

TubeBuddy User
As mentioned before your artwork is really good (might be a venture for a secondary channel)
Your editing seems also good but for my tast your a bit too loud (especially on headphones) - also I absolutely prefer a bit talk especially in that kind of how to videos I find just showing it without any explanation does not cut it for me and voice does work much much better then text. (maybe check with your target audience)

Facebook despite all its problems is a good platform to manage a community and for direct communication, PayPal does not make much sense even if you would sell artworks or such.