Strategy How much time: finding good keywords?

Damon

TubeBuddy User
About how much time do you spend each week or month trying to find good keyword phrases to target? Sometimes it's while playing videos games for me. Flight simulator in automatic pilot there isn't much to do. The Texas State Fair keywords Phrase Tito stumbled upon made me think of searching for more local keywords myself, and I've found a few good ones.

This highlights something I noticed this weekend at the boat ramp. A guy puIled in his truck and asked was I that guy making YouTube videos. That kind of thing makes you nervous, but it made me think. there are local people watching my channel simply because they were searching for local fishing videos on YouTube. Keywords that I have not targeted much because in the past they haven't been searched much.

Again behavior change: People realize how expansive a platform YouTube is, and they may be wondering if there is a YouTuber in their area making content. It's refreshing to them somehow.

You never know what national magazine or TV show featured you locale, or what may trigger people to start searching for content based on your home town. Don't neglect this resource!

I was born and raised in Selma, AL. Yup! Just like the film! Oh, why didn't I film a trip to the Alabama River because it flows straight through downtown Selma!

Also Tuscaloosa is the home of Alabama Football, and they are basically in the College football playoff again. A businessman once told me think globally, build locally. I think that's a principle to re-explore.

Last edited:

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
About how much time do you spend each week or month trying to find good keyword phrases to target? Sometimes it's while playing videos games for me. Flight simulator in automatic pilot there isn't much to do. The Texas State Fair keywords Phrase Tito stumbled upon made me think of searching for more local keywords myself, and I've found a few good ones.

This highlights something I noticed this weekend at the boat ramp. A guy puIled in his truck and asked was I that guy making YouTube videos. That kind of thing makes you nervous, but it made me think. there are local people watching my channel simply because they were searching for local fishing videos on YouTube. Keywords that I have not targeted much because in the past they haven't been searched much.

Again behavior change. People realize how expansive a platform YouTube is, and they may be wondering if there is a YouTuber in their area making content. It's refreshing to them somehow.

You never know what national magazine or TV show featured you locale, or what my trigger people to start searching to content based on your home town. Don't neglect this resource!

I was born and raided in Selma, AL. Yup! Just like the film! Oh, why didn't I film a trip to the Alabama River because it flows straight through downtown Selma!

Also Tuscaloosa is the home of Alabama Football, and they are basically in the College football playoff again. A businessman once told me think globally, build locally. I think that's a principle to reexplore.

I love that "Think globally, build locally" IT really reigns true. For me I spend about 10 - 20 minutes while on the video edit page. I also spend an hour before I make a video or add it to my schedule to think the following: "What value does this bring to my audience?" , "IS this a video I actually will enjoy making?" , and "What did I want to know about this when I was a noob?" those help me find even better keywords, and keep it more towards my audience's core!