Suggested Website brand alerts and takedowns

This gets into the legal side of videos, but I just got done researching DMCA takedowns, and I have to believe I shouldn't have to pay $200 every time a website steals my content - even though they are technically not.

I just found out there is a website called "Clipreview.net" that is basically doing that. The video interface is a YouTube embed with an overlay that doesn't allow you to go to YouTube. It only pauses the video.

Further, if you click on any of my content links in the description that I made, they open to a page saying those links are property of clipreview.

They have a disclaimer page saying "All content is property of YouTube", which technically is false.

This seems to be on a grand scale - taking more than just my videos (which they have the whole catalog), walling the garden, not allowing YT ads to play, and stealing revenue.

With that said, what is the possibility that TubeBuddy can fight for us on websites like this. This is not the first one, and won't be the last.

Phil

Administrator
Administrator
www.tubebuddy.com
Thanks for posting here Jeffrey and reaching out to us. Did you have any specific ideas as far as how we could help? To be honest, we're very much focused on the SEO/Workflow side of YouTube and have very little tools (and knowledge) when it comes to things like takedowns and piracy/digital rights. It's just not our focus so I feel like we're not in a position to help much. On principal, we absolutely would like to help if you have any specific ideas.

GearVlogz

TubeBuddy Pro
Gearvlogz.com
This gets into the legal side of videos, but I just got done researching DMCA takedowns, and I have to believe I shouldn't have to pay $200 every time a website steals my content - even though they are technically not.

I just found out there is a website called "Clipreview.net" that is basically doing that. The video interface is a YouTube embed with an overlay that doesn't allow you to go to YouTube. It only pauses the video.

Further, if you click on any of my content links in the description that I made, they open to a page saying those links are property of clipreview.

They have a disclaimer page saying "All content is property of YouTube", which technically is false.

This seems to be on a grand scale - taking more than just my videos (which they have the whole catalog), walling the garden, not allowing YT ads to play, and stealing revenue.

With that said, what is the possibility that TubeBuddy can fight for us on websites like this. This is not the first one, and won't be the last.
Man, They really went to town on downloading your content. Maybe contact the other content creators that have their videos on that site and see if you all could start a class action lawsuit against them.

Thanks for posting here Jeffrey and reaching out to us. Did you have any specific ideas as far as how we could help? To be honest, we're very much focused on the SEO/Workflow side of YouTube and have very little tools (and knowledge) when it comes to things like takedowns and piracy/digital rights. It's just not our focus so I feel like we're not in a position to help much. On principal, we absolutely would like to help if you have any specific ideas.
I wish I did. I only know it's easier to attack stuff like this in numbers. I still have to figure out how to get me content of this site. It's a frustrating process, and I am surprised YouTube is letting this site exist - especially since it can download my videos and control my description links.

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
I wish I did. I only know it's easier to attack stuff like this in numbers. I still have to figure out how to get me content of this site. It's a frustrating process, and I am surprised YouTube is letting this site exist - especially since it can download my videos and control my description links.
Wow, have you tried reporting this to @TeamYouTube on twitter?