• Guest - TubeBuddy now has a BLOG! Click Here to learn more!

Question Why is YouTube doing this?

DragoNate

TubeBuddy Star
So. Yesterday and today, this is what I see on the preview window (when editing a video) and I very much hate it.
thumb preview.JPG

YouTube already resizes a perfectly good, high resolution thumbnail from A x B to 720, regardless of values. Now they're making it even smaller by doing this.

At least when you click on the play button (this one is a scheduled stream for 30 mins from now) it shows full size in the player. No black bars.

OP
OP
DragoNate

DragoNate

TubeBuddy Star
It is not known if its a bug or done deliberately.
YouTube is aware of it and I seen no response yet that its a bug.
Very interesting. I hope it's a bug because it's just silly. No one wants to see a picture in a frame that's much tinier than the frame it's in, especially for video.
At least otherwise, thumbnails do display correctly.

Paul

TubeBuddy Legend
I think it's because YouTube is going to be phasing the old creator studio out and going to the beta. So it's either a formatting thing or YT is getting us used to the smaller thumbnail image over on the beta creator studio.

Reactions: Andrew and Damon

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
I think it's because YouTube is going to be phasing the old creator studio out and going to the beta. So it's either a formatting thing or YT is getting us used to the smaller thumbnail image over on the beta creator studio.
This is making the most sense to me. However, it's just confusing any bit of information from YT would make me feel much better haha!

Reactions: DragoNate and Paul
OP
OP
DragoNate

DragoNate

TubeBuddy Star
It's a nasty "update" if that's what they were going for

Reactions: Paul

Otto Oome

Newbie Member
TubeBuddy Pro
So. Yesterday and today, this is what I see on the preview window (when editing a video) and I very much hate it.
View attachment 1930
YouTube already resizes a perfectly good, high resolution thumbnail from A x B to 720, regardless of values. Now they're making it even smaller by doing this.

At least when you click on the play button (this one is a scheduled stream for 30 mins from now) it shows full size in the player. No black bars.
I saw this only one day on my channel

Enjoy creating Youtube video's
Otto

Reactions: DragoNate and Paul