Affiliate Strategies Getting YouTube Video Titles Right

If you are making a video that is made for search. You need to understand your title. If you're making a video for social media you simply put something crazy for the title like "OMG THIS THING BLEW UP OMG". < this is not search friendly but if seen it can make many people click on it.

Search titles should be exactly what the video is about and should not mislead. If you make a video where you showed how to fix a shower head. You should not have the title "Piece of junk shower head is now fixed" it should be "How to fix clogged up shower heads in your bathroom." This will allow tubebuddy's tag algorithms to work for you to a greater degree. Also if people are having problems with their shower head they will type. "Shower head clogged up" "Shower head no water" "Bathroom shower no water" and so on so forth. Hope this made sense. - Craigheadpro

Technopug

New User
TubeBuddy User
Yeah. I agree with you. I actually believe click bait titles just mislead the viewer and could even lead to a dislike, which would be worse.

OP
OP
Craigheadpro
Well a dislike is actually a good thing because it increases interaction. But people coming to the video seeing the dislikes could turn them off... or keep them watching for the train wreck everyone seems to dislike.

Technopug

New User
TubeBuddy User
Well a dislike is actually a good thing because it increases interaction. But people coming to the video seeing the dislikes could turn them off... or keep them watching for the train wreck everyone seems to dislike.
Yeah, you're right. It would get more exposure, but if people see those dislikes, they might turn away. Also, my friend's video of How to Solve a Rubix Cube in 2 steps got taken down after around 10000 dislikes and 100000 views.

DfEditz

New User
TubeBuddy User
If you are making a video that is made for search. You need to understand your title. If you're making a video for social media you simply put something crazy for the title like "OMG THIS THING BLEW UP OMG". < this is not search friendly but if seen it can make many people click on it.

Search titles should be exactly what the video is about and should not mislead. If you make a video where you showed how to fix a shower head. You should not have the title "Piece of junk shower head is now fixed" it should be "How to fix clogged up shower heads in your bathroom." This will allow tubebuddy's tag algorithms to work for you to a greater degree. Also if people are having problems with their shower head they will type. "Shower head clogged up" "Shower head no water" "Bathroom shower no water" and so on so forth. Hope this made sense. - Craigheadpro
Yeah i completely agree man. I just wonder if I'm doing my titles the right way. I mean im a gamer so it's really not to difficult to title right lol.

I think it's important to find a balance of something that is well structured and influenced by keyword research (seo friendly) and shareable.

It needs to be both because there's no point being shown to people if no one clicks on your videos.

remember it's only "clickbait" if you don't deliver on the title

FUTURE10S

New User
TubeBuddy User
Am I the only one that just makes my titles be either something very simple to search for or such an absolutely insane search term? I mean, who the hell would search for "euro truck simulator 2 on ice", whereas something like "how to gain fame on youtube" would probably get a few hundred views.

DfEditz

New User
TubeBuddy User
I think it's important to find a balance of something that is well structured and influenced by keyword research (seo friendly) and shareable.

It needs to be both because there's no point being shown to people if no one clicks on your videos.

remember it's only "clickbait" if you don't deliver on the title
This is like the PERFECT answer. lol You wan't it to be eye catching yet SEO friendly. Perfect.

Completely agree, man. Very well said.

sleevedbiker

New User
Yeah. I agree with you. I actually believe click bait titles just mislead the viewer and could even lead to a dislike, which would be worse.
The problem with that argument is that ALL the big you tubers that get 1.5 million plus views per daily video are all doing clickbait and they all have the majority thumbs ups and 4+ million subscribers, etc. Clickbait isn't as bad as people think.

Raxx425

New User
I agree as well. I have experimented with a lot of different tags and titles in videos and the ones that perform the best are the most relevant titles to the video.

FlexXxLP

New User
I think Clickbait is suitable for youtubers that get the views anyways...
but for smaller youtubers (idk maybe less than 150k subs) i think you still need to get to be found more, so you need to describe your videos in the title rather than clickbait title with no information

nerycolon1

Newbie Member
Am I the only one that just makes my titles be either something very simple to search for or such an absolutely insane search term? I mean, who the hell would search for "euro truck simulator 2 on ice", whereas something like "how to gain fame on youtube" would probably get a few hundred views.
I personally do my own titles. Simple and easy to understand. I don't like drama and sometimes it's a turn off. They get lot of thumbs down and haters. I might be wrong but that's what i've seen.