• Guest - TubeBuddy now has a BLOG! Click Here to learn more!

Question SIMPLE APP to add 1 frame to start of videos for pseudo thumbnail?

Moonboi

New User
The video creating software that I use is unfortunately not able to simply insert a 1 frame .000001 second image at the start of videos to act as a pseudo thumbnail.

I would very much like an editing software that can do this. SIMPLY & EASILY. Rather not mess with heavy adobe tools etc!!

Suggestions?

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
The video creating software that I use is unfortunately not able to simply insert a 1 frame .000001 second image at the start of videos to act as a pseudo thumbnail.

I would very much like an editing software that can do this. SIMPLY & EASILY. Rather not mess with heavy adobe tools etc!!

Suggestions?
You could use TB's thumbnail generator to make your own custom one?

OP
OP
M

Moonboi

New User
@Andrew ->

the problem is not that i don't have a thumbnail. the problem is HOW to insert it into my videos, as the first frame, as EASILY AS POSSIBLE?!

Tito Tim

TubeBuddy User
I use PowerDirector, from CyberLink. Cheap and easy to use, but fairly powerful - does everything I need anyway. It would easily let you insert a pic at the beginning and you can set it for any length you want. I am pretty sure they have a free download (watermarked). I have an affiliate link if you want to buy it ha ha

Ikerot

Not a mod
Ikerot.com
for native videos on LinkedIn, or WeChat & anywhere that doesn't allow you to upload thumbnails...
Should've said it wasn't for YouTube. I didn't know what you meant by this either. Honestly, if you want to go for the old ways of Youtube (a la 2008), just put a five second "intro" of said thumbnail and let the video take that as the thumbnail.

I do know of Blender and Lightworks. I used Lightworks for a bit and it kinda functions like Premiere. Blender is technically a 3D animation suite, but it also has a video editor as well.