Seeking Advice Add a 'robot voice' reading video text? YAY or NAY?

Add ROBOT VOICE reading displayed text?

• YAY

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NAY

Votes: 4 100.0%

• Total voters

Moonboi

New User
I've heard some complaints about the robot voice reading the video text.
And to be fair it does get in the way of the music.

But I think it's a nice touch -- although it's also extra work.

What do you think?
YAY or NAY? Why?

Ikerot

TubeBuddy Star
I don't really like robotic voices, mainly because they talk too slow and I'd rather just read the text and get on with it. Then again, if I were to read it, I might as well go to a blog post. Unless you're using some kind of program that gives a real smooth voice, I wouldn't recommend it.

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
I've heard some complaints about the robot voice reading the video text.
And to be fair it does get in the way of the music.

But I think it's a nice touch -- although it's also extra work.

What do you think?
YAY or NAY? Why?
What is the purpose of the voice? What do you want to get across with it? :D

Snowyamur

Newbie Member
Why use a robotic voice when you have your own voice? I don't see the point of using a robotic voice unless you're that shy, or that lazy to speak through a microphone.

kunicross

TubeBuddy User
You can use it as an artistic instrument for example for reading a comment or quote to put am emphasis that it's actually not your opinion or to make it like a conversation.

As far as videos with only robotic voice go - absolutely no they are usually almost unwatchable (from the odd grammar on the few I saw some people in Asia do this and it might be their only option but it's still a bad one)

Redspan

TubeBuddy Star
www.redspan.com
There will be those that don't like them and others who don't mind them at all. I have used auto voice on a few of my videos and I can't say it has prevented any of them from being watched.

I narrate most of my videos. I expect some people don't like the sound of my voice either! You can't please all the people all the time.

What I think is probably best is being consistent so that people know what to expect.