Tools Keyword Explorer - use YouTube Searches only or include Web Searches?

Video Results / Web Results / both?

• Video & Web Results

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Video Results ONLY

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Web Results ONLY

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The keyword explorer has seperate tabs for Video Results & Web Results.

The Video Results are quite sparse, really. I'm not sure how they gather them.

I guess it makes sense to also use Web Results. Especially since Google likes to give preference to YouTube videos in the results there...

Your thoughts?

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
The keyword explorer has seperate tabs for Video Results & Web Results.

The Video Results are quite sparse, really. I'm not sure how they gather them.

I guess it makes sense to also use Web Results. Especially since Google likes to give preference to YouTube videos in the results there...

Your thoughts?
In this video, we explain use Video searches for things people are searching for on YouTube [Taken from our connection to API]! Google searches for what people are looking for on google for a CHANCE to end up i their carousel. It's up to you what YOU want to do!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dMFavj55cM

Hope that helps!

Ceorge_Christofi

TubeBuddy Star
when you want information where do you search first? Google or Youtube? I tend to google stuff first if I am looking for paper style info, specifications, and other flat info. If I want a how to, I hit youtube first. Think like someone who is looking for information or content. If I want to learn how to take apart the engine of my car, I'd look for a video first. If I want to find a music track, I hit youtube first.

After that... If I see a video that has interested me, I will sit and look at other videos from that artist/creator. If I am sufficiently entertained/informed/interested I would probably click subscribe.

You have to think like the person who is searching for the content they need. If you have other content that takes your fancy then great, they are likely to stick around. Beware though, if your video is just clickbait and doesn't actually provide what the viewer wants then you will see the retention drop like blue ice from an aircraft.

OP
OP
M
In this video, we explain use Video searches for things people are searching for on YouTube [Taken from our connection to API]! Google searches for what people are looking for on google for a CHANCE to end up i their carousel. It's up to you what YOU want to do!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dMFavj55cM

Hope that helps!
no that didn't help. i didn't want to click on your video. i just wanted the answer.