YouTube News How can i increase my traffic?

Hyrule'sSentinel

New User
goo.gl
Subscriber Goal
Most of my views come from Reddit, when i make guides for games, and share them there. Is there a better place to share my content to gain subscribers than Reddit?

Ikerot

Not a mod
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
Reddit is a two sided blade and also reddit doesn't really promote advertising either. I know it doesn't stop people from doing it, but eehh xD

I've tried using Reddit before and it certainly got me views, but nothing else. No likes, no comments, no subscribers. So I stay off of Reddit honestly and I use twitter and instagram more to get my videos out.

Kimtana

New User
Subscriber Goal
Avoid reddit! All the beginner gamer video creators I've known have found they get trolled, downvoted, and ridiculed.
I'm no expert at only 91 subs, but there are a few things I wanted to mention.

When you first said Ultimate Chicken Horse, I was stoked because I love watching gameplay of that! But your channel focuses on guides. A guide here and there is ok, but include gameplay! Collab and have a blast! My fav UCH vids are of 4 gamers playing around, laughing, doing evil things to each other--THAT'S what people are looking for! Have FUN with the game! :D

The second thing I noticed immediately was that, when I saw your icon and banner with the Triforce and a name including Hyrule, is that you don't actually play Legend of Zelda. So the branding is kind of...off. If you're going to have a name and logo like that, you HAVE to have a majority of Zelda games. There are more vids on UCH than any other games on your videos tab, but you're name says Hyrule...? You might have to rebrand or focus on LoZ.

Hope that helps, and here's a sub because I love UCH, LoZ, and supporting fellow gamer Youtubers! ;D

OP
OP
Hyrule'sSentinel

Hyrule'sSentinel

New User
goo.gl
Subscriber Goal
Avoid reddit! All the beginner gamer video creators I've known have found they get trolled, downvoted, and ridiculed.
I'm no expert at only 91 subs, but there are a few things I wanted to mention.

When you first said Ultimate Chicken Horse, I was stoked because I love watching gameplay of that! But your channel focuses on guides. A guide here and there is ok, but include gameplay! Collab and have a blast! My fav UCH vids are of 4 gamers playing around, laughing, doing evil things to each other--THAT'S what people are looking for! Have FUN with the game! :D

The second thing I noticed immediately was that, when I saw your icon and banner with the Triforce and a name including Hyrule, is that you don't actually play Legend of Zelda. So the branding is kind of...off. If you're going to have a name and logo like that, you HAVE to have a majority of Zelda games. There are more vids on UCH than any other games on your videos tab, but you're name says Hyrule...? You might have to rebrand or focus on LoZ.

Hope that helps, and here's a sub because I love UCH, LoZ, and supporting fellow gamer Youtubers! ;D
Thanks for the sub! The problem is, i haven't found a lot of good zelda games to play... because i think youtube frowns upon Emulators being used for recording games. Im looking around for things though!

Snowyamur

Subscriber Goal
Most of my views come from Reddit, when i make guides for games, and share them there. Is there a better place to share my content to gain subscribers than Reddit?
I've never used Reddit to advertise my YouTube channel, but I don't think I'll be using it anytime soon because of reports of trolls and harassers from that outlet.

Have you tried using Facebook? Twitter perhaps? I use both of those, and they're handy when it comes to advertisement because not only can you post your newest uploads, what you're currently doing, or plan to do, etc., you can also promote your posts.

Facebook Business allows you to promote your posts, and you can decide where you want your post to be seen and by how many people, but it costs money, so if you're serious about trying to have your channel grow, I recommend looking into it.

Twitter also allows you to promote your posts, or tweets in this case, but I don't know if that costs money or not.

By promoting your posts through Facebook and/ or Twitter, you can reach out to a larger audience in select locations. However, one thing I warn you about using Facebook and Twitter for advertisement is that they won't guarantee you subscribers. That comes from my own experience; I've promoted my own Facebook page and posts so many times that my subscriber count hasn't grown, but I'm mainly doing it out of advertisement experience and understanding the consumer.

I leave it to you to decide what you want to do, but stay away from Reddit. That place is a no-go.

DragoNate

TubeBuddy Star
www.dragonate.info
Subscriber Goal
Thanks for the sub! The problem is, i haven't found a lot of good zelda games to play... because i think youtube frowns upon Emulators being used for recording games. Im looking around for things though!
Be careful of any game from Nintendo. Make sure you take a look at their policies. I personally will not play any Nintendo games on my channel because Nintendo is...less than unpleasant...regarding their games.

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Make your videos SEARCHABLE! YouTube is a search engine, and using TubeBuddy can help you find titles that people are ACTUALLY searching for. That's my best advice!

AnswersRule

New User
Subscriber Goal
Reddit is a two sided blade and also reddit doesn't really promote advertising either. I know it doesn't stop people from doing it, but eehh xD

I've tried using Reddit before and it certainly got me views, but nothing else. No likes, no comments, no subscribers. So I stay off of Reddit honestly and I use twitter and instagram more to get my videos out.
How do you use Twitter/Instagram for getting your videos out there?

LastingSpark

New User
I use LinkedIn whenever I post a new video.

My last post got 290 views from my feed. I don't know if that directly relates to YouTube views, but I guess it helps.

Snowyamur

Subscriber Goal
I use LinkedIn whenever I post a new video.

My last post got 290 views from my feed. I don't know if that directly relates to YouTube views, but I guess it helps.
I didn't think LinkedIn would be an option in terms of advertising your videos. Pretty interesting to know now that it's a viable option.

DragoNate

TubeBuddy Star
www.dragonate.info
Subscriber Goal
Rule 1: don't spam!
A lot of people I've seen using Twitter/Instagram for their channel is just spam. My Twitter was in the beginning too...

Use Twitter to talk to people, talk about trending hashtags or talk about your day, new things you've done or whatever really. Make sure your bio has your channel link and mentions that you make videos. Share your videos to your feed every once in a while, but don't overdo it.

Instagram is usually more for things you do outside of your channel. Use it to show people what you're like or what you do besides making videos. I show parkour stuff I do. Maybe share behind the scenes stuff there. Again, link in bio. Also hashtags. If you really want those views on Instagram, hashtags are very necessary.

Ronnieleeeee

New User
TubeBuddy User
I promote my videos on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter mostly. It gets me views here and there but nothing crazy. I’d like to find out some more ways I can promote

Abhay

Newbie Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
1. Use exact keyword people search for on both youtube and google
2. When your video ranks you will get views from both youtube and google (external organic views)

I've noticed this. I got buried just because of that "no advertising" echo-chamber. It's not a fun place to post a subthread, the user experience in my view is poor.

So, the way people gravitate to your videos is when the community likes the video, article, or image. It is a very hard platform to promote something, much less your own videos. I don't recommend it. In fact, I told the co-founder of the website and he said that he got the same thing ...I'm like "huh? You're the f'n co-founder, dude! You can do whatever the hell you want!"

View: https://twitter.com/CarlosX360/status/963646359290155008
Instagram is harder to promote a video, or link, since there is no option to parse your URL's.
Twitter on the other hand is simple, grab the URL from the address bar of the video you're watching (I recommend the youtube.com and not the youtu.be domain, because SEO reasons), paste it, and dress it up with words. However, when you dress it up, USE. HASHTAGS. I cannot stress this enough. Use. Hash. Tag. Hashtags work on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter (and of course now YouTube, but with YouTube, you are limited to THREE - Twitter, too but you can still attract people with more hashtags).

Example would be: Join #TubeBuddy today https://www.tubebuddy.com Learn all about growing your #YouTube Channel!
You see how I linked it? You see how I dressed it up with words, and hashtags? Like that.
Twitter also allows you to promote your posts, or tweets in this case, but I don't know if that costs money or not.
To answer this question, the answer is yes. There are two ways with this: Post promotion (Ads), or Profile promotion via Promote Mode.

If you want to drive traffic to a link, Ads is the way to go, but you have to do a good job of marketing. Who is that Tweet for? Who are you talking to? Who are you trying to sell that link, blog post, article, or forum post to? And how attractive is the link?

Last edited: