• Guest FORUM patch notes JUNE! Click Here to learn more!

Question Viewers, not subscribers?

Hyrule'sSentinel

Newbie Member
goo.gl
As of recently, I have been doing video guides on a game called Ultimate Chicken Horse, and sharing them to Reddit, and getting the best consistent views i have had on my small channel (40-70). However, with all my new Reddit viewers, the percentage of viewers subscribed to me is a low 2.7%! How can I convince my new viewers to subscribe to my channel? I have 237 unique viewers, and yet only 28 subscribers. I would appreciate your insight! -HyrulesSentinel

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Do you subscribe to every channel who's videos you watch? I only subscribe to channels who I want to be notified when the upload new content

Yes, you should have a call to action to remind them to subscribe if they are interested in future videos.

BUT, the nature of the people coming from Reddit probably means that they do not want to be notified of when you upload a new video, so they do not subscribe.
To add to this.. What value do I get subscribing to your channel? Is it clear within the first bit or in the video at all? I know why you want me to subscribe, but why SHOULD I subscribe? :)

Snowyamur

In general, it's important to understand that many people on YouTube have a large number of channels they've subscribed to for various reasons.

Like @Craig Payne said above, the least that you could do @Hyrule'sSentinel is remind them about your channel at the beginning and end of videos your videos because people remember best what happens at the beginning and end of events rather than the middle.

However, also understand that if people do subscribe, they do it because they get something out of it that benefits them. Benefits could be entertainment, ways to burn time, education or academic purposes, etc. There are many reasons why people subscribe to channels, and those are few to name.

If you appeal to their need of something that could be in their benefit, then their chances of subscribing to your channel are higher. If people don't subscribe to you, don't use that as discouragement, rather as insight as to how you're doing as a YouTuber, and what you could do to bring in either a larger audience, or even an entirely new one.

DragoNate

TubeBuddy Star
In my experience and others who have mentioned to me, Reddit isn't the best place for promotion. You can easily get many views from Reddit, but either those views rarely become subscribers and often times, the views don't give much watch time.

OP
OP
Hyrule'sSentinel

Hyrule'sSentinel

Newbie Member
goo.gl
I think at the moment, I'm just using reddit as a boost pad, to launch off of, to use the views to grow. Would there be a place that is better?

DragoNate

TubeBuddy Star
I think at the moment, I'm just using reddit as a boost pad, to launch off of, to use the views to grow. Would there be a place that is better?
If it works, go for it. If you start seeing terrible retention/watch time in your analytics, then I'd recommend not using it anymore.
I don't really do much self promotion anywhere honestly. I use Twitter every so often, sometimes Discord, but rarely in either case.