• Guest - TubeBuddy now has a BLOG! Click Here to learn more!

Suggested Gradient Font Colors in Thumbnail Creator

GameEclipse

New User
Currently when you add text to a thumbnail you only have the option to change the font color to a single color. This can leave added text looking very plain. I have seen many other youtube channels use text that transitions from one color to another. I think if the thumbnail creator had an option for this it would make thumbnails look a little more appealing to viewers.

Snowyamur

Honestly, if you can afford it, using Photoshop is better for making thumbnails for your YouTube videos in my opinion because you have a better degree of control when it comes to design, theme, information, font, text, and colors. Adobe Spark looks interesting; I'll admit I've never used it, but that's the software that YouTube Thumbnail Creator is based on, according to the information provided on the site here:

https://spark.adobe.com/make/youtube-thumbnail-maker/

Through Photoshop, you can add shading, gradients, multiple colors, etc. to your text, best of all, you can adjust the resolution of your thumbnails; highly important when considering high-resolution images. As for text transition, that's a frame-by-frame animation that would basically be a one-way .gif file, and I don't think YouTube accepts those for video cover thumbnails. Unless you have an example of one and can link it below, I don't see it possible to make .gifs possible for thumbnails.

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Currently when you add text to a thumbnail you only have the option to change the font color to a single color. This can leave added text looking very plain. I have seen many other youtube channels use text that transitions from one color to another. I think if the thumbnail creator had an option for this it would make thumbnails look a little more appealing to viewers.
Great suggestion! I'll pass this along :D

DragoNate

TubeBuddy Star
Honestly, if you can afford it, using Photoshop is better for making thumbnails for your YouTube videos in my opinion because you have a better degree of control when it comes to design, theme, information, font, text, and colors. Adobe Spark looks interesting; I'll admit I've never used it, but that's the software that YouTube Thumbnail Creator is based on, according to the information provided on the site here:

https://spark.adobe.com/make/youtube-thumbnail-maker/

Through Photoshop, you can add shading, gradients, multiple colors, etc. to your text, best of all, you can adjust the resolution of your thumbnails; highly important when considering high-resolution images. As for text transition, that's a frame-by-frame animation that would basically be a one-way .gif file, and I don't think YouTube accepts those for video cover thumbnails. Unless you have an example of one and can link it below, I don't see it possible to make .gifs possible for thumbnails.
GIMP is a good free alternative that's very powerful as well. I use it personally because I'm not paying monthly to use Photoshop when using it doesn't earn me any money and I'm not paying more than $20 for something like that, period. :D

RGine

New User
GIMP is a good free alternative that's very powerful as well. I use it personally because I'm not paying monthly to use Photoshop when using it doesn't earn me any money and I'm not paying more than $20 for something like that, period. :D
I agree. I do not pay for a PS or Lightroom license on monthly basis, as most of the free photo editing apps on the web like GIMP, Fotor, Pixlr and more in TOP 5 Free Photo Editor in 2018 are sufficient for me to perform common tasks like making a logo or thumbnail. Plus, I think I am not motivated enough to learn how to use and make the most out of a premium and complicated photo editor, at least not now.