Lifestyle Channel Can being interviewed be BAD for your channel?

BACA

New User
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Gday guys,

Quick question... If someone has approached me to be interviewed for their channel, but their channel is VERY small, can it actually be a bad thing for my channel? Lets be honest, my channel is also VERY small, but i searched their channel and at best, they have a quater the subs as me. Just curious if its possible to be a bad thing or is all exposure is good exposure?>?

Thanks everyone :)

PS: Posted this in wrong thread by mistake, but cant work out how to move/delete it. apologies... new here

Last edited:

CaptainTime

New User
TubeBuddy User
captaintime.com
Subscriber Goal
I don't think it would negatively affect you, but you would have to decide if it was worth your time to be interviewed for very small channels.

If you have any time or productivity tips, I would be happy to interview you as well! :)

EV Nick

TubeBuddy User
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
All exposure is good, but its down to effort if it requires little effort and you get 1 sub off it GREAT, if it requires LOTS of effort and you get 1 sub of it NOT GOOD.
I been interviewed for podcasts a couple of times and didn't notice any spike in subs however i got some views out of it and longterm that might result in them sub'in to me.

Just make sure your channel has similar info

OP
OP
BACA

BACA

New User
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
All exposure is good, but its down to effort if it requires little effort and you get 1 sub off it GREAT, if it requires LOTS of effort and you get 1 sub of it NOT GOOD.
I been interviewed for podcasts a couple of times and didn't notice any spike in subs however i got some views out of it and longterm that might result in them sub'in to me.

Just make sure your channel has similar info
Good advice - thanks mate. At this rate i need every sub i can get!

TanookiAlex

TubeBuddy Star
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Interviews are good, it depends who you are interviewing though. If you are interviewing someone who is controversial, your dislikes may go up. Personally, interviews are great for me - but stay away from people who have a bad reputation. More of "street smart".

Debsterism

New User
TubeBuddy Star
I think there has to be some benefit to spending my time on someone else's channel who does not have many subscribers or much popularity. Most likely if we are in the same line of work/have similar topics, their subscribers are already familiar with my channel anyway. We have to place value on our time and knowledge. And you should be familiar with the interviewer. Sometimes people will get you on for an interview and proceed with underhanded, sniping kinds of comments framed as "a joke". They are haters, especially when as I said above, you have similar topics...they see you as the competition to knock down or out, not as someone to honestly partner with.

Kate's Adventures

New User
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I don't consider it a bad thing to collab with smaller channels (I've had collabs with channels with less than 100 subscribers) but when I have those kind of collabs on my channel I do want it to be a fun experience. If I don't find it fun or interesting then it's more difficult for me to be enthused.