What was your first successful video that really took off?

jy95

New User
Mine is this :

Really never understand why this video has 30k views when most of my videos have less than 350 views ^^

Hmmm my most successful video was one for Ark Survival Evolved and it was through the pokemon allstars mod (so much fun) and is currently just under 3k views and my most liked video to date. Oddly I uploaded around 10 or 12 more videos in this series and the next two uploads all went over 1k views but then it dropped back to normality. I have no idea why this happened, I am assuming I flagged on recommended videos for a while and then dropped off ( I had a similar experience with a video I made for Slime Rancher)

SizzlingPopcorn

New User
Subscriber Goal
I started my channel in late August 2017. I made this NHL 18 video towards the end of September and didn't have many views right away. Around the 3rd week of December, I started to see a steady stream of views on this video. After looking at the analytics, I found that this video appears in the recommended videos for a lot of NHL mascot fight videos. I still receive about 100-150 views per day on this video! What I've now done is add the maximum # of cards within the dropoff point and have added a pinned comment linking to a NHL 18 playlist in order to keep the traffic on my channel. It has worked and watch time has increased significantly!

This video currently has just under 3,000 views.

Although I had one before this, which technically had more views, this one seemed to have brought in the most subscribers :) I did plan the video around Thor: Ragnarok which had just hi theaters. And of course, the thumbnail seemed to make people happy ^_^ Loved doing the video :D

NancyTigress

New User
Subscriber Goal
I have 2 channels one that took off on my mother and son channel is the lightning mcqueen toddler bed 14 k views and growing
On my channel it has to be my fiverr stole my money storytime 10 k views and growing. Its crazy writting it down. I still cant believe it. When you think hey why not film it and post it and this happens

Corazn Alro

New User
I figured it be an interesting thing for us to post what videos did very well for views whether it be out of the blue or ones we worked hard on. I will start and say mine was me playing Ark (pc game) and messing around "somehow" it got 2.5k views very fast while at that time my most popular videos had 100 views. The video is cringe worthy with me mumbling and long moments of silence in middle of video. It's one of my first videos and had ton of dislikes YET still gained views more and more as the dislikes grew. Finally I felt it was hurting my channel because it was such a bad video so I made it private. So that was my first experience of my video getting big lol. My content has thankfully improved I just made video unlisted if for you guys want to cringe at my old content
lol
My first video that took off was a how to clean your sneakers tutorial vid filmed on a webcam. Surpisingly it was and still is my most viewed video. 26k is alot of views for a video with no sound and just instrumentals lol . Thousands of views to this day and i still dont know what i did right lol.
This is my most successful Youtube Video Ever!!! I've worked really hard on it and used some new tricks to make it look as realistic as it is, but I still have a lot to learn. But mainly this got popular thanks to another famous YouTuber. So it's difficult to call this a win, but I'm glad it was so well received by the audience!!

Jeremy Carden

New User
Subscriber Goal
Kind of like an assignment for school, a video that you don't put a lot of effort into surprisingly does much better than something you put your blood sweat and tears into!

My video was a speculation video about the death of one of the most popular characters on Tyler Perry's The Haves and the Have Nots series on the OWN Network. It is still the biggest video on my channel with over 215,000 views!

Graphic J

New User
TubeBuddy User
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
This video that I cut up and edited was a big changer for me. It's about silly things that happen to me while playing BF1. The many, many hours I put into editing this might have paid off since It surprised me when it brought in almost 100 subscribers in just 2-3 days after I uploaded it. I know that's not a big thing for a big channel but it was for my small channel ;) ... it was something that sure made my week.

Last edited:

AlpakaWhacker

New User
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
My very first video that took off was a video titled "Minecraft Timelapse - Fishing Village". Even at the time, it wasn't the best video and looking back at it, I would say it hasn't aged well but it was myself and my friends first ever attempt at a timelapse build video in Minecraft and for out first time, I'd say it actually went pretty well. This video also got me to my first big milestone of 1K Subscribers :D

This video also made me especially happy because although I had been in videos on the channel prior to this, I had never recorded or edited any of the previous videos as all the recording and editing at the time was done by another member of our group. This was the first video that I made for the channel and even to this day, it's still one of the most viewed videos on the channel :)