YouTube News Privay claim - real or fake?

Tito Tim

TubeBuddy Pro
titotim.com
I got an email from: YouTube Support Team [youtube-disputes+2xouup8ts504h02@google.com] saying there is a privacy complaint on a vid. I am the only person in the entire video so I have no idea who would file. I am wondering if it is legit or fake.

There are some links to read their privacy guidelines, but no way to dispute it. They say I have 48 hours to remove the vid, or it will go up for review by YT. The email address is weird looking.

Any idea if this is legit? Here is the entire email

-------------------------------------------------------------

This is to notify you that we have received a privacy complaint from an individual regarding your content:

-------------------------------------------------------------

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1J0Q0rMV5c

The information reported as violating privacy is at 1_15-29_35
We would like to give you an opportunity to remove or edit the private information within the content reported. You have 48 hours to take action on the complaint. If you remove the alleged violation from the site within the 48 hours, the complaint filed will then be closed. If the potential privacy violation remains on the site after 48 hours, the complaint will be reviewed by the YouTube Team and may be removed pursuant to our Privacy Guidelines.

Alleged violations commonly occur within the video content. YouTube offers a Custom Blurring tool, which allows you to blur anything in your video, including individuals or information. For more information on this blurring feature, visit the Creator Blog and Help Center. Alleged violations may also occur in the title, description or tags of your video. YouTube offers metadata editing tools which you can access by going to My Videos and clicking the Edit button on the reported video. Making a video private is not an appropriate method of editing, as the status can be changed from private to public at any time. Because they can be turned off at any time, annotations are also not considered an acceptable solution.

We're committed to protecting our users and hope you understand the importance of respecting others' privacy. When uploading videos in the future, please remember not to post someone else's image or personal information without their consent. Personal information includes, but is not limited to, Social Security number, National Identification number, bank account number or contact information (e.g. home address, email address). For more information, please review our Privacy Guidelines.

Paul

TubeBuddy Legend
texturemaster.com
Subscriber Goal
It looks like its a fake email address. But with the ΓÇ£@Google.comΓÇ¥ at the end of the email address? It could be real... I would think it would come from a YouTube email though. Maybe @Andrew knows?

DragoNate

TubeBuddy Star
www.dragonate.info
Subscriber Goal
With that email address, it's definitely fake. I would delete it immediately. If there was any issue with your video, YouTube would let you know directly on your YouTube account AND via email, but it won't be some bull:poop: email address like that.
If you're the only one in the video, then it's crap.
You could take it to YouTube directly, if you wish, via Twitter @TeamYouTube. But to be honest, even if it is real and the "YouTube Team" reviews your video, they can't possibly find anything wrong with it...

OP
OP
Tito Tim

Tito Tim

TubeBuddy Pro
titotim.com
Well... that was surprisingly fast...
I guess it was a legit email. I replied to it and said that I was the only person in the vid but would edit or remove whatever they deemed against their privacy guidelines. Two days later I get a response that no problem was found - case dismissed.

I still have no idea why it got reported, but such is life. (still looks like a fake address ha ha)

DragoNate

TubeBuddy Star
www.dragonate.info
Subscriber Goal
Well... that was surprisingly fast...
I guess it was a legit email. I replied to it and said that I was the only person in the vid but would edit or remove whatever they deemed against their privacy guidelines. Two days later I get a response that no problem was found - case dismissed.

I still have no idea why it got reported, but such is life. (still looks like a fake address ha ha)
Probably got reported by someone who really hated the video or something. Unfortunately.
And yes, it does look fake. They should really change it!