YouTube Question YouTube promoting smaller channels...

Tito Tim

TubeBuddy User
When I open YT my page has been full of really bad suggestions for videos. YT cannot figure out what I like to watch. My viewing habits seem to be to eclectic for them to program for - one day they promote Fox news, the next MSNBC ha ha. I was just ignoring them but recently started clicking the 'not interested' button. That actually made them change up a lot of what they recommended... still nothing I wanted to watch... but a different offering anyway. I do wish I could tell them that any recommendation of 'subject-Topic' will never be clicked. Those are the recommendations that made start giving the 'not interested' clicks.

The last few days my entire home page was only pages I sub too, which I rather liked. Unfortunately many of the channels I sub to have made no uploads in 6 or 8 years. Today was odd. Most of the recommendations were channels I sub to, but quite a lot were channels with under 500 subs. I never saw so many new/small channels promoted at once.

Makes me wonder if YT is promoting smaller channels better - or just ran out of ideas of what to offer me?

GraphicsCow

New User
I was going to say I didn't agree, however, I thought back to a few times where my page had many videos from smaller creators. However, it wasn't random videos, but things that I was actually interested in. I got recommended videos with views only in the 100s from channels with less than 100 subs. It was quite a pleasant surprise.

OP
OP
Tito Tim

Tito Tim

TubeBuddy User
My views dropped a lot this month, but for 2 weeks I uploaded some old, 2006 Disney World vids. Most of my viewers are here for the foreigner living in the Philippines... and Disney 2006 ain't it. I am ok with that because I was mostly just wanting a good backup of some vacation vids.

This month will be all Philippines related, so hopefully the views go back up?

Oh, I was looking to see what one of my playlists looks like when I am not logged in - 2 vids are scheduled, so private for now. After they publish they show up. But... I also noticed that when I am logged in I get like 6-10 of my own vids in the recommended 20. When not logged it I got 20 out of 20, on all 5 tries. If not logged in they don't have any viewing stats, but I thought they would at least recommend other vids in my genre.

DragoNate

TubeBuddy Star
www.dragonate.info
Subscriber Goal
My views dropped a lot this month, but for 2 weeks I uploaded some old, 2006 Disney World vids. Most of my viewers are here for the foreigner living in the Philippines... and Disney 2006 ain't it. I am ok with that because I was mostly just wanting a good backup of some vacation vids.

This month will be all Philippines related, so hopefully the views go back up?

Oh, I was looking to see what one of my playlists looks like when I am not logged in - 2 vids are scheduled, so private for now. After they publish they show up. But... I also noticed that when I am logged in I get like 6-10 of my own vids in the recommended 20. When not logged it I got 20 out of 20, on all 5 tries. If not logged in they don't have any viewing stats, but I thought they would at least recommend other vids in my genre.
Hopefully it will increase again!

Also, strange that when not logged in, you get 20/20 lol
Maybe you watch more of your own videos when not logged in?