YouTube News How long does it take to reach 100 subscribers?

Solihin Salleh

New User
Subscriber Goal
Hey Guys, Im just wondering how long does it usually take for you guys to reach 100 subscribers? Im currently at 13 subscribers and i started youtube nearly 2 months ago. Is this normal or am i doing something wrong?

kunicross

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Pretty normal, most people who start out never even make it to 100 subscribers.

It's always about impossible to put linear numbers to subscriber growth because it's different for everybody.
I would say if you manage getting 100 (real) subscribers in around 12 months that's actually quite good but you can also give that +/- 300% and you still be realistic.

OP
OP
Solihin Salleh

Solihin Salleh

New User
Subscriber Goal
Pretty normal, most people who start out never even make it to 100 subscribers.

It's always about impossible to put linear numbers to subscriber growth because it's different for everybody.
I would say if you manage getting 100 (real) subscribers in around 12 months that's actually quite good but you can also give that +/- 300% and you still be realistic.
I see. How long does it take you to reach 100 subscribers? If you dont mind, can you share the strategy you use to get your first 100 subscribers?
--- Post updated ---
It took me over a year to reach my 1st 100 ^^
I see. If you dont mind, can you share what you learn along the way? Tbh 1 year is quite long. I know i must be patient in this youtube thing but if i can reach 100 subscribers before a year by learning something from people, thatll be such a great help!

DragoNate

TubeBuddy Star
www.dragonate.info
Subscriber Goal
I see. If you dont mind, can you share what you learn along the way? Tbh 1 year is quite long. I know i must be patient in this youtube thing but if i can reach 100 subscribers before a year by learning something from people, thatll be such a great help!
Well, after getting TubeBuddy when I was around 50 ish, I think, the next 50 was pretty quick. Got TubeBuddy in October of 2016, had 100 subscribers by January 10th.
I had also started live streaming a lot around the time I got TubeBuddy, so that helped. Plus, I had found a few new friends via social media interaction and stuff. One person I commented on her art she drew for another streamer, another I commented on a screenshot he shared on Steam. It was like instant friendship that way. I made a few friends being here as well.
I guess that's what networking is? It's quite important. TubeBuddy helped with tags and optimizations for everything. I learned a lot being here, so kept improving the SEO side of things.

Damon

TubeBuddy Pro
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
Concentrate on your first 100 videos instead of 100 subscribers. Another is add some guitar lesson videos and guitar equipment review videos. How-to and review videos are great for ranking and getting views which lead to subscribers.

Add another video type: What I call question videos. Find a news report on something happening in the guitar world, comment on it, then ask people what they think. This gets people talking and conversing on the topic. It will help bind you community/tribe together.

A year is not that long. Try focusing on the next five years on YouTube. You have to think much further ahead, and you have to be in for the long haul. As others have said there is no guarantee. Some people barely ever crack 100 subscribers. Some people gain 100,000 subscribers in less than a year.

I've seen people with great content not grow much at all. I've seen people with poor content skyrocket. For me I didn't know anything about video production, and I'm quite amazed at the quality of videos coming from brand new people. What I had was the ability to teach. That gave me keywords phrases that ranked. My videos got better as time went on, and I learned more. My videos got better and continued to rank.

The real question is what are your long-term aspirations? You could easily make videos and use them as a business card to set up private guitar lessons in your area. You could flesh out a real business that way.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Solihin Salleh

Solihin Salleh

New User
Subscriber Goal
Well, after getting TubeBuddy when I was around 50 ish, I think, the next 50 was pretty quick. Got TubeBuddy in October of 2016, had 100 subscribers by January 10th.
I had also started live streaming a lot around the time I got TubeBuddy, so that helped. Plus, I had found a few new friends via social media interaction and stuff. One person I commented on her art she drew for another streamer, another I commented on a screenshot he shared on Steam. It was like instant friendship that way. I made a few friends being here as well.
I guess that's what networking is? It's quite important. TubeBuddy helped with tags and optimizations for everything. I learned a lot being here, so kept improving the SEO side of things.
I see. Thanks for the advise!
--- Post updated ---
Concentrate on your first 100 videos instead of 100 subscribers. Another is add some guitar lesson videos and guitar equipment review videos. How-to and review videos are great for ranking and getting views which lead to subscribers.

Add another video type: What I call question videos. Find a news report on something happening in the guitar world, comment on it, then ask people what they think. This gets people talking and conversing on the topic. It will help bind you community/tribe together.

A year is not that long. Try focusing on the next five years on YouTube. You have to think much further ahead, and you have to be in for the long haul. As others have said there is no guarantee. Some people barely ever crack 100 subscribers. Some people gain 100,000 subscribers in less than a year.

I've seen people with great content not grow much at all. I've seen people with poor content skyrocket. For me I didn't know anything about video production, and I'm quite amazed at the quality of videos coming from brand new people. What I had was the ability to teach. That gave me keywords phrases that ranked. My videos got better as time went on, and I learned more. My videos got better and continued to rank.

The real question is what are your long-term aspirations? You could easily make videos and use them as a business card to set up private guitar lessons in your area. You could flesh out a real business that way.
Thanks for the advise! Well I'm not good at teaching but i will consider doing some video of it.

Habib Mrabet

New User
Hey Guys, Im just wondering how long does it usually take for you guys to reach 100 subscribers? Im currently at 13 subscribers and i started youtube nearly 2 months ago. Is this normal or am i doing something wrong?
Time in itself, is not significant.
It all depends on how much work you do and how many posts you publish.
Frequency and consistency are the key words, when you observe them daily you account can go viral with subscribers.
There are no preset limits known so far.

OP
OP
Solihin Salleh

Solihin Salleh

New User
Subscriber Goal
Time in itself, is not significant.
It all depends on how much work you do and how many posts you publish.
Frequency and consistency are the key words, when you observe them daily you account can go viral with subscribers.
There are no preset limits known so far.
Thanks for the advise! I'll try my best to post as much as possible and also be consistent with it. Right now I can only post once a week because of my tight schedule but i've been consistent with it. In the future, I will post more video in a week.