YouTube News View Count oddities

Buddy Shearer

New User
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Out of curiosity, has anyone seen their View Counts go down any?

I have been creating a fair amount of videos lately so I track my daily stats. Last week, I noticed my View Count on my channel started decreasing slowly by 1 over a 5 minute period of time. I watched it drop 5.

I thought I was seeing things for the first 2 minutes but after 5 minutes it stopped.

I'm not going to lose sleep over it but I was curious. The only thing that I could come up with was maybe someone hit may channel page where I do have a short video that plays auto-magically and maybe the person backed off the page within a second or two.

Has anybody seen this type of behavior before?

Thanks

Buddy

Lawrence

New User
TubeBuddy Star
Hi Buddy.
I hope your situation improves. Something similar happened to me. I have recently revamped all of my videos according to Tubebuddy best practices guide and I have seen my viewership in real time analytics drop by more than half over 48 hours. Almost zero views yesterday and today on the estimated 60 minutes section of analytics. Hoping this is temporary. Anyone else have this experience? Is that what you mean Buddy?

OP
OP
Buddy Shearer

Buddy Shearer

New User
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I think so.

I'm in a small niche so my subscribers tend to watch 2-3 videos and then return a couple of days later. So its odd to me that I may see ten new views in the morning and then by lunch 5 of those views are gone. It's just strange to me.

I have not seen it happen any more since I posted this. Maybe it was a fluke.

Buddy

Lawrence

New User
TubeBuddy Star
Ok thats not the same thing I experienced. I cleaned up my channel according to Tubebuddy best practices and lost about 100 views in the last 48 hours metric. Thankfully that seems to have restored and looks like that has actually improved. Maybe youtube was glitching in real time analytics for a while. Good luck with your channel.