YouTube News How do you come up with your video ideas?

DavidWarden38

New User
What do u guys do to come up with ideas? what stages do you pass through? how long? E.T.C...

For me Most of my ideas come from when i am sleeping and when im watching other vids. I Write them up in a word document and when i need ideas i just look through it and pick out the ones i need/want.

well i look at videos or movies related to what i wana do to get ideas and inspiration, for example i play a world war 2 strategy game call hearts of iron 4 so if im stuck ill watch ww2 movies and tv, if i wana make a gta video ill watch cops or a bank heist movie. if you get into the mood then ideas will come

Damon

TubeBuddy Pro
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
I can talk ad nauseum about ideas. For me it's simple I do fishing videos. So my fishing adventures are my #1 type of content, but my production methods have increased over time, and it takes time to produce documentary film-like content. At most I can only get out one or two fishing adventure videos per week.

To fill in the gaps I do product reviews, ongoing projects like my boat build, engine mods and etc. Other ideas come from what I learn. Since switching to a GH4 and old Canon FD lenses, I've been doing some vintage lens reviews.

Most of my content is usually how-to videos. Those are short low-production value videos that I can crank out 5 a week if needed.

Video production has been down some this year because I was learning the new camera. I'm back to four to five videos per week now. Usually one high production fishing adventure documentary every week or every two week depending. Lots of how-to, product review, ongoing projects and even philosophy videos to fill in the gaps.

Infraction

New User
A good way to get content ideas is to go to other related videos in your given subject preferably BIG channels. then press control f or (find) then type a ? in the search box. this will then show you all the people that have asked a question in the comments. you can
then use those for content

DragoNate

TubeBuddy Star
www.dragonate.info
Subscriber Goal
A good way to get content ideas is to go to other related videos in your given subject preferably BIG channels. then press control f or (find) then type a ? in the search box. this will then show you all the people that have asked a question in the comments. you can
then use those for content

Ooooh, clever!

xingcat

TubeBuddy Star
www.xingcat.com
Subscriber Goal
All our series are about specific topics. For instance, I have a series about self esteem, one about someone who wants to be famous, and one about imagination. So within those topics, I can find some ideas more easily than if I were trying to come up with ideas about literally anything or everything.

I often get ideas when I find a prop for the show, or see something trending that fits with our topics, as well.

Ceorge_Christofi

TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
Quite a lot of my ideas come from China in the post! Seriously, I scan AliExpress daily looking for electronics and other bits to help my production and I like to test some of the things out. That turns into a review video. Some, I buy the electronics and build up the kits, go into some uses that they could be put to. Some stuff turns into warning videos, a prime example being the Chinese Killer Floodlight video I did which showed a major safety issue.

Other than that, the longer repair of 1950's radio type videos are an ongoing long term series thing.

I can't really take ideas from bigger channels as we all do pretty much the same things anyway.