YouTube News Why does it take sooooo long??????

MasterSpy

New User
Can anyone tell me why a 30 min video takes me 3 HOURS!!??!???!!!

I have no clue why it takes so long if you have any ideas please comment below:)

Tito Tim

TubeBuddy Pro
titotim.com
To upload? My net is so bad it easily takes 3 hours to upload a 10 minute vid... If my vid is over 10 minutes long I just set it to upload when I go to bed. Actually once I uploaded from my phone in half the time as my home wifi. It's more fun in the Philippines! Γäó

Ikerot

Not a mod
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
If you mean to upload, that's based on your internet. It takes me 10 minutes to upload a 10 minute video and about 45 mins to upload an hour video. Now if you talking about editing, then it's just you and how long you take lol.

What is your download and upload speed?

kunicross

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
In case it would be video conversion instead of uploading - faster computer or lower resolution helps. (if you do 4k video might consider go down to full hd either way)

DragoNate

TubeBuddy Star
www.dragonate.info
Subscriber Goal
3 hours to upload or 3 hours to render?
Upload - as @Ikerot said it's based on your internet speed. Sometimes YouTube will hiccup either way and make it longer.
Render - based on many things. How good your PC is, how my RAM, hardware acceleration, how many video effects are in the video, resolution of the video, how long the video is and probably more. If it's this one, reduce resolution and reduce the amount of effects.

Ceorge_Christofi

TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
Like others have said, rendering or upload? I bought a dedicated pc specifically for working on video and without bragging I can render a 20 min video in around 10 minutes. It still takes 3-5 hours to edit it though, because I am no pro! As for upload... again I'm blessed with pretty fast internet so uploading is never much time at all.

DragoNate

TubeBuddy Star
www.dragonate.info
Subscriber Goal
I dont have fibre I think thats why:(
I don't have fibre either. If your internet upload speed is at least 5-10 Mbps, it shouldn't take 3 hours unless the odd time YouTube has a hiccup. I only have 15 Mbps. Fibre would be upwards of 50 Mbps.
Ooooh! That's way too long. Go here, run a test and report back as to what upload speed you have.

My speed is

I just uploaded a 600MB video in less than five minutes. I have fiber to the home with Fios.
90 up?! What?! I mean, my download is usually around 120 (I pay for 150...) but my upload is only between 10-15. I could get 25 by upgrading my plan... My city won't have access to much higher speeds for quite a long time though, I don't think. So I've been told.