YouTube News How long will it take to make 5000 Followers?

Sue

New User
Subscriber Goal
I am just curious, if anybody here has made atleast 5000 Subscribers, and what are your recommendations? Thank you!

kunicross

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Most channels after some time come to a "breakthrough point" where the subscriber count starts to explode @Paul for example.

Usually it's along the lines that success leads to more success but you can't really put a time frame onto it - many "successful" channels had success right from the start while others took years to become successful.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sue

Sue

New User
Subscriber Goal
Most channels after some time come to a "breakthrough point" where the subscriber count starts to explode @Paul for example.

Usually it's along the lines that success leads to more success but you can't really put a time frame onto it - many "successful" channels had success right from the start while others took years to becoke successful.
Thank you so much for your response. I highly appreciated!
I am thinking also that maybe it all comes down to the way people engage with our channel, and if our channel is targeting a small amount of people or a more abroad, Well, thank you again I will keep all that good imfo in mind. Good day. Thank you for helping with
Zylas Toys & Life Vlogs

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
For us on TubeBuddy it happened when we started uploading content that gave back to our users. We focused more on value to our audience then ourselves, and we saw MASSIVE Growth. You can still create content for you, but also remember what you wanted to know when you started your hobby, topic, etc :)

GraphicsCow

New User
Subscribers are confusing. One day, you could upload a not so great video, and the next day have an incredible amount of viewership and boost in subs. Your faced with the choice of continuing those videos or doing what you want.
Hopefully, you get that boom with a video you actually enjoyed making and has good quality. The problem is you can't tell with YouTube. Like what @kunicross said, its a boom in subs. Once that boom happens, it's your job to continue the wave and gain a viewership.

At one point, I had 5,100 subscribers. However, after I stopped making the low-quality content that my viewers liked, I started losing subscribers. I'm at 4,800 subscribers now and don't get too many views compared to before. It is quite annoying that the videos that get most views on my channel are the ones I made as a joke or didn't put any effort into. Now I plan on making videos more consistently around the same idea and making my channel more personality based so I don't lose even more subscribers, though I fear it might be a bit too late for me.

tl;dr If you ever do boom and your goal from that point is growth, keep making content out of the same concept. If you don't care about growth as much, make content that will make you happy, though know that it may not help you grow and you very well could slow down and even lose subscribers. I could be wrong in how I think about it, but that is my opinion.

Scott Fichter

TubeBuddy User
www.bluefoxcreative.com
Subscriber Goal
It's is near impossible to define when a channel will hit 5K. Some people get the super fast. They find that niche or they have the talent to explode but it is rare. Some channels grow real slow. It's painful but rewarding.

The real question is when will I hit critical mass. You know, the hockey stick's ankle.

DragoNate

TubeBuddy Star
www.dragonate.info
Subscriber Goal
It's is near impossible to define when a channel will hit 5K. Some people get the super fast. They find that niche or they have the talent to explode but it is rare. Some channels grow real slow. It's painful but rewarding.

The real question is when will I hit critical mass. You know, the hockey stick's ankle.
It's during that time when you can pretty much do whatever you want :D