YouTube News Outtakes As A View Time Booster?

Ceorge_Christofi

TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
I see some that do and others that collect them together in a compilation. Some are funny, some are just standard camera fluffs. I suppose it depends on your outtakes really. The only one I ever had I showed and it was me forgetting that something might be a bit hot after soldering it.... and picking it up.

kunicross

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
With outtakes it's always a bit like some people absolutely love them while others do not.

You could maybe try a outtake compelation video "all the fails" maybe for some channel milestone and observe how your audience reacts.

Demolition Ranch for example puts the same outtakes at the end of every video and I don't think anyone will watch that more than twice.

Also keep in mind that outtakes at the credits can seriously undermine the tone and message of a video - in movies I think Jackie Chan movies are about the only ones where it really works well. (because you see all the epic stunt fails and can much more appreciate the work they put into the movie I would say.)

Tito Tim

TubeBuddy User
Usually I just cut mine out and dump them, sometimes, if they are particularly silly, I will just leave then in place, and just keep going. That would really depend on the tone of your vids. Mine are mostly vacation/vlog/day in the life stuff. Those can handle some stupid mistakes - it helps make me look human (although we know I am perfect ha ha).

Ikerot

Not a mod
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal

EplxPro

New User
I have video come up that took 40 mins because of content mess ups in a game. I was going to edit out everything and use it as a bonus video.

xingcat

TubeBuddy Star
www.xingcat.com
Subscriber Goal
I think there are certain things that people will stay for, but they also say, "The actual content of this video is finished," and bloopers tend to be in that category for me. So people may stick around for bloopers if they like them, but I could also see it being a definite ending point for people who are interested in the main subject of your video and may not want "extra" content. Definitely worth a try, though!!