Suggested Connect with similar channels

This is something I've been having trouble with tubebuddy, In tubebuddy are a lot of different channels and i have trouble finding people with channels like mine.
I think tubebuddy should have a feature were you can find channels with a similar sub count, similar topic, and similar interests. this might help people connect and grow there channel because they meet other people like themselves.
That's my suggestion. Is it any good?

OP
OP
Drawingwithebear
It's not a bad suggestion at all, I think it would be a good way to meet similar channels for collabs and such.
But, there is also a collab request forum thread here for just such a thing ;)
I know about that thread, and it is very useful! but i wish there was just something I could click on and it would show me a list of channels like mine.
--- Post updated ---
It would be great wouldn't it, if we could find interested and interesting people in our own niches, to share experiences with and support each other.
It would!

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
I know about that thread, and it is very useful! but i wish there was just something I could click on and it would show me a list of channels like mine.
--- Post updated ---

It would!
What would you like to see then? Also it comes down to how do you define "Channels like mine?" Size, sub count, genre, views, uploads, etc? I get the idea of a list, however, still needs a bit more specifics :)

OP
OP
Drawingwithebear
It would be great wouldn't it, if we could find interested and interesting people in our own niches, to share experiences with and support each other.
It would!
What would you like to see then? Also it comes down to how do you define "Channels like mine?" Size, sub count, genre, views, uploads, etc? I get the idea of a list, however, still needs a bit more specifics :)
I think that tubebuddy should have a "suggested channels" sort of thing. It would kind of combine sub count, size, and genre that way it would be as similar as possible. That way it would be easier to find channels to collab with that are more likely to want to collab or just to make some youtube friends, hope this helped you understand what I want for tubebuddy, sorry if it's not specific enough.

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
It would!

I think that tubebuddy should have a "suggested channels" sort of thing. It would kind of combine sub count, size, and genre that way it would be as similar as possible. That way it would be easier to find channels to collab with that are more likely to want to collab or just to make some youtube friends, hope this helped you understand what I want for tubebuddy, sorry if it's not specific enough.
I'll tag Phil! @Phil

The problem I have seen with this kind of thing in the past is getting channels to agree. Some will, but if you do it without permission you end up with a YouTube 0.3% Thumbnail situation where people don't like it, and feel betrayed. It's a fine line. While YOU may want to collab, not everyone does. That's why we implemented the collab section. I can always work to improve on that :) What do you think about that forum section?

OP
OP
Drawingwithebear
I'll tag Phil! @Phil

The problem I have seen with this kind of thing in the past is getting channels to agree. Some will, but if you do it without permission you end up with a YouTube 0.3% Thumbnail situation where people don't like it, and feel betrayed. It's a fine line. While YOU may want to collab, not everyone does. That's why we implemented the collab section. I can always work to improve on that :) What do you think about that forum section?
Huh, I never thought about that. But I have seen the collab forum and I do like it. Its just hard for me to find channels like mine when most of the channels wanting to do collaborations are probably not interesting in doing a collab with 15 subs. But I do really like it. I may use it more when my channel gets a little bigger though.

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Huh, I never thought about that. But I have seen the collab forum and I do like it. Its just hard for me to find channels like mine when most of the channels wanting to do collaborations are probably not interesting in doing a collab with 15 subs. But I do really like it. I may use it more when my channel gets a little bigger though.
I find going in to a collab knowing the value you give their audience is key. If you bring me value, and I think you bring my audience value they will feature you :)

This is something I've been having trouble with tubebuddy, In tubebuddy are a lot of different channels and i have trouble finding people with channels like mine.
I think tubebuddy should have a feature were you can find channels with a similar sub count, similar topic, and similar interests. this might help people connect and grow there channel because they meet other people like themselves.
That's my suggestion. Is it any good?
YES that is a plausible solution...agree

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
YES that is a plausible solution...agree
See my reply here: :)

I'll tag Phil! @Phil