Affiliate Question What are your Conversion Ratios (clicks to purchases)

MagikMike

New User
I have 55 clicks on my affiliate links so far and only 1 install and 0 purchases. What is a typical ratio according to what you guys have found? Obviously it depends but would 100:10:1 (clicks-installs-purchases) be a realistic estimate? Thanks in advance.

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I have 55 clicks on my affiliate links so far and only 1 install and 0 purchases. What is a typical ratio according to what you guys have found? Obviously it depends but would 100:10:1 (clicks-installs-purchases) be a realistic estimate? Thanks in advance.
150 Clicks: 53 installs: 3 Purchases here personally :)

Curious to see what others are seeing too!

TheDirectorsOfGaming

New User
TubeBuddy Legend
YouTube.com
19918 Clicks: 3461 Installs: 43 Purchases... which to put it simpler is 232 Clicks: 40 Installs: 1 Purchase... which is all advertising, so naturally it'll be less effective than a personal recommendation ratio wise.

OP
OP
M

MagikMike

New User
That's interesting! I wonder what I'm doing wrong haha because I'm currently at 124 clicks: 1 install: 0 purchases

TheDirectorsOfGaming

New User
TubeBuddy Legend
YouTube.com
Depends on who you're targeting and which method you're promoting it with... your ratio tells me either the people that are clicking have no interest in the product or the way in which you're promoting it is ineffective.

timmah01

New User
I wouldn't be too worried about a low conversion rate - the average conversion rate for full fledged businesses is about 2-3%, with only the outstanding super optimized ones doing about 10%. If you are one of the top companies though and hyper optimize it, I've heard of a couple get upwards of 40% (very rare though).

So, again, optimize as much as possible, but its predominately a numbers game.

Heres my stats:

Clicks: 710 Installs: 34 Purchases: 0 (About 4% if we are talking about clicks to installs, but I am taking a conservative estimate on the purchases and estimating a rate of 0.005%).

I wouldn't worry about the purchases - if they installed under you, no matter what day they purchase afterwards, you will always get the commission.

Good luck all!