• Guest NEW FORUM SECTION! Click Here to learn more!

Seeking Advice What is Preventing my Channel From Growing?

avrona

So I've been working away hard at my channel since it began in August 2013, 4 and a half years ago. However it only has 223 subscribers and 11k views after so long. What could I do to finally have my channel start growing.

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
So I've been working away hard at my channel since it began in August 2013, 4 and a half years ago. However it only has 223 subscribers and 11k views after so long. What could I do to finally have my channel start growing.
You have had a lot of advice on different threads about this I have noticed. My question would be, have you taken that advice? For example:

https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/what-am-i-doing-wrong.12957/

This thread has great advice!

Same with:

https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/how-to-get-videos-to-rank.13003/

What are some new things you have implemented? :)

Reactions: Paul and DragoNate

bobi

Newbie Member
Why would I not take advice? With the awful growth of my channel it wouldn't make sense not to.
This is what i think stoping your channel from growing
WATCH TIME
upload_2018-3-18_18-12-6.png

but anyway look i search only 5-6 time about Pokemon and this video will be ranked on #17 for me when im not even watching Pokemon at all

Attachments

OP
OP
avrona

avrona

This is what i think stoping your channel from growing
WATCH TIME
The watch time has always been pretty bad for my channel. But what can I do about it though?
but anyway look i search only 5-6 time about Pokemon and this video will be ranked on #17 for me when im not even watching Pokemon at all
What?

bobi

Newbie Member
Already have yet as you can see it hasn't helped.
As i know from YT creator most people watching your videos only because of your personality
There is millions videos of the type you do i do and everyone but people subscribe and watch videos from creators MOSTLY because of the personality there is not other way people to keep coming back to watching your videos when out there are millions videos like your
1. Start your video with Hello,Welcome Back...... ppl will know u care about them
2. Tell them what they will see in the video today point very attractive worlds that will keep them to the point where they will see it
Example "How i burn my hand" they will keep watching your video until they see that
3. Show them who are you who is the person behind the video
4. Tell them something that happen in your day (remember most people are watching your videos because ur personality)
Example "today i had to stay at school later because ...... but i promise you i will shoot new vid today ....."
5.You are creator focus on that

Im not in the creator content (im collector) and i cant give you more suggestions
--- Post updated ---
Here is what im talking about
2 years creator 3.30 million subscribers - content WTF crap (for me)
her 3rd video vs her last video
look at transformation how he start her 3rd video and how he start her last video
P.S look she change her content over the time slowly
Vid #3 Published on 1 Jan 2016
Vid #15 Published on 25 Feb 2016 (celebrate 90000 subscribers )

3rd vid

last vid

Last edited:

Tito Tim

TubeBuddy User
Here is what im talking about
2 years creator 3.30 million subscribers - content WTF crap (for me)
her 3rd video vs her last video
look at transformation how he start her 3rd video and how he start her last video
Trying to look at the first 30 seconds of each of those... I would say her channel is not for me. Of the two, I might watch the older vid. The new one started out very annoying (and I barely made it 15 seconds). Unfortunately that seems to be what people want - which is why I will never have a big channel ha ha
Honestly, the only channel I watch regularly is Ellen. I really miss some of the good YouTube from 10 years ago... (Community Channel was the best).

For the OP I would say you have to get your SEO right, so it shows up in search and recommended. You also have to get your thumbnails and titles to attract people and make them want to click it. BUT once they click on it... it is up to the content to keep them. You need to find what your target audience wants to see, and deliver that. For your market, I do not know what that would be.

Reactions: Paul
OP
OP
avrona

avrona

I would say you have to get your SEO right, so it shows up in search and recommended.
Well of course I already try to get it to be in search and recommended, but what exactly can I do that I'm not doing already?
You also have to get your thumbnails and titles to attract people and make them want to click it.
Again, what exactly should I fix in them?
You need to find what your target audience wants to see, and deliver that.
Again, I do try and do that already yet it appears not to be working.