• Guest NEW FORUM SECTION! Click Here to learn more!

Strategy Views Grow Up And Freeze

bobi

Newbie Member
Hello there i have small issue
I have some videos that are getting views everyday at first 1-2 weeks and after that they dont get any views at all .

Is that because videos wasnt attractive and YT stop to adverting or its anything else ? the content title and tags are all about winter so i think the content still searchable

Is it time to change their tittle tag and description ?

xingcat

TubeBuddy Star
I think all videos have a bit of a shelf life. The most important things seem to be recommended videos and search, so I'd take a dive into your analytics to see what search terms have successfully gained traction on your videos and maybe tweak your information a bit. You can always run a few trials to see if this has an impact on your watch time/views.

Reactions: Paul and DragoNate

kunicross

TubeBuddy Pro
The fast majority of videos gets most of their views in the first 48 hours - in you are very lucky you manage to create a video that gets more views over time but that's almost always if it's a very niche thig with little competition.

I have told the story a million times - I did a video on a carpet cleaning machine once and it then suddenly started to get constantly new views - turns out my video is the #1 recommendation on the official video from the company which makes the machine...

There a two main mechanics causing this 48 hour effect- one is that your subscription tab is sorted by time and most people won't scroll back weeks to find your video and the other is that new content is always rated a bit higher on YT (who wants to see the same old content again and again?)

DragoNate

TubeBuddy Star
The fast majority of videos gets most of their views in the first 48 hours - in you are very lucky you manage to create a video that gets more views over time but that's almost always if it's a very niche thig with little competition.

I have told the story a million times - I did a video on a carpet cleaning machine once and it then suddenly started to get constantly new views - turns out my video is the #1 recommendation on the official video from the company which makes the machine...

There a two main mechanics causing this 48 hour effect- one is that your subscription tab is sorted by time and most people won't scroll back weeks to find your video and the other is that new content is always rated a bit higher on YT (who wants to see the same old content again and again?)
I've had a few videos that stopped getting views after about a week, but then a month or so later, they start getting views like crazy. It kinda makes me happy, but I also wonder why and how that happens lol

Reactions: Paul

Paul

TubeBuddy Legend
I've had a few videos that stopped getting views after about a week, but then a month or so later, they start getting views like crazy. It kinda makes me happy, but I also wonder why and how that happens lol
That's kind of what most of my videos do.

I think the videos have to prove themselves over this evaluation time before it will start to gain traction.

My videos go like this on average: Start strong > Views decline to half after first 72 hours > Once I post another video 5-7 day's the views start to go up > After about a month and beyond my videos start to gain more and more traction.

kunicross

TubeBuddy Pro

I think the videos have to prove themselves over this evaluation time before it will start to gain traction.

My videos go like this on average: Start strong > Views decline to half after first 72 hours > Once I post another video 5-7 day's the views start to go up > After about a month and beyond my videos start to gain more and more traction.
I think with your content it's more that its a long time thing (and I would guess most of your views do come from searches?) With tutorials and educational videos there is usually not so much of a actual demand but a high demand over a long time.

I did a vlog when we got hit by a storm recently - as long as the storm was going on it gots really many views - as soon as it was over nobody did watch it ever again - but people will always have dry-wall projects, ideas and problems.. ;)

Paul

TubeBuddy Legend
I think with your content it's more that its a long time thing (and I would guess most of your views do come from searches?) With tutorials and educational videos there is usually not so much of a actual demand but a high demand over a long time.

I did a vlog when we got hit by a storm recently - as long as the storm was going on it gots really many views - as soon as it was over nobody did watch it ever again - but people will always have dry-wall projects, ideas and problems.. ;)
Yes very true.
Actually searches used to be my top way I got views.

But slowly it has turned into this:
From the last 28 day analytics:
Suggested videos
- 63%
Browse features
- 16%
YouTube search
- 9.3%
External
- 6.4%
End screens
- 1.2%
Other YouTube features- 1.1%

kunicross

TubeBuddy Pro
Do you get the suggestions from your own videos or others? The analytics on the youtube web page do give you quite a lot of informations in those areas - is just keep re-mentioning my carpet cleaning video because that one stood out so much and really gave that secondary channel life. (and in the analytics I found out that all the people came from the official video...)

Paul

TubeBuddy Legend
Do you get the suggestions from your own videos or others? The analytics on the youtube web page do give you quite a lot of informations in those areas - is just keep re-mentioning my carpet cleaning video because that one stood out so much and really gave that secondary channel life. (and in the analytics I found out that all the people came from the official video...)
Yes the top 10 out of 25 are my videos. But the other 15 are suggested from someone else's videos.

This is from the same 28 day suggested video stats. First 10 are my vids. Then the rest are other videos:
yt-screenshot-28-day-top-suggested-videos.PNG

Reactions: kunicross

DragoNate

TubeBuddy Star

It's only for a few videos, and usually its for the ones I never expect to "blow up" like that. But hey, if it happens, I'm happy!

kunicross

TubeBuddy Pro
Yes the top 10 out of 25 are my videos. But the other 15 are suggested from someone else's videos.

This is from the same 28 day suggested video stats. First 10 are my vids. Then the rest are other videos:
View attachment 1391
That actually suggests that most people do find your videos via search but then stay to watch a couple of other of your videos - which is actually fantastic, congratulations!

It's only for a few videos, and usually its for the ones I never expect to "blow up" like that. But hey, if it happens, I'm happy!
I know that - whenever I make a really lazy and bad - ok more so than usual - video that one becomes "viral" if I then put much effort in the next similar video nobody watches it... Should give that phenomenon a name! Suggestions?

Reactions: DragoNate and Paul

Paul

TubeBuddy Legend
That actually suggests that most people do find your videos via search but then stay to watch a couple of other of your videos - which is actually fantastic, congratulations!

I know that - whenever I make a really lazy and bad - ok more so than usual - video that one becomes "viral" if I then put much effort in the next similar video nobody watches it... Should give that phenomenon a name! Suggestions?
Oh cool! Thanks for that info @kunicross!:cool:

How about call it an ΓÇ£inertia videoΓÇ¥?

**Inertia- a property of matter by which it remains at rest or in uniform motion in the same straight line unless acted upon by some external force...:grinning:

Reactions: kunicross

DragoNate

TubeBuddy Star

Oh cool! Thanks for that info @kunicross!:cool:

How about call it an ΓÇ£inertia videoΓÇ¥?

**Inertia- a property of matter by which it remains at rest or in uniform motion in the same straight line unless acted upon by some external force...:grinning:
Make it a "lazy inertia" video. Even if it happens to a video that wasn't necessarily lazy, the inertia part is lazy lol

Reactions: kunicross and Paul

Murthag91

Newbie Member
well it also depends of the tipe of content of video you make. my channell being most a news channell about games is normal that after some dais they stop to get views. Instead i saw on guide videos that are still getting views but on a smaller rate.