Need Advice Best SEO practices for titles?

How do you do your titles?

• As much info as possible

• Short & sweet

• Other

• Situational; either

Results are only viewable after voting.

DragoNate

TubeBuddy Star
www.dragonate.info
Subscriber Goal
Earlier today, I watched another video today (below) that mentions your titles should be very specific. Obviously, they should include your keywords for that video, but how specific should they be? I've always tried to include as much information in my titles as possible, but is this actually a bad thing?
For example, here's a current title of my own:
Scanning Seamoth fragments & building the Seamoth in Subnautica - let's play Subnautica live stream
Is that too much? Should it be something more like
Subnautica Seamoth fragment scanning and building

As a second question, I'm terrible at really doing extensive keyword research. It's too difficult to do every single day when I don't have much time to begin with. Where would be a good place to start when trying to rank for something like a funny moments compilation that would have clips from multiple other videos all mashed together?

MadShotGaming

Newbie Member
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Earlier today, I watched another video today (below) that mentions your titles should be very specific. Obviously, they should include your keywords for that video, but how specific should they be? I've always tried to include as much information in my titles as possible, but is this actually a bad thing?
What ive been doing is just adding my title in my tags and the game im playing and SEO tends to be near 50/50 active wise if not right on for example your title is: UNO BATTLES WITH FRIENDS TAKES AN UNEXPECTED TURN! - UNO then you could tag it something like, (entire title and game) // (game title)// battles, with, friends, takes, an, unexpected, turn, card game, etc
thats what ive been doing and its helped out quite a bit hope this helps!! :D

Guitar Hack

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
For example, here's a current title of my own:
Scanning Seamoth fragments & building the Seamoth in Subnautica - let's play Subnautica live stream
Is that too much? Should it be something more like
Subnautica Seamoth fragment scanning and building

As a second question, I'm terrible at really doing extensive keyword research. It's too difficult to do every single day when I don't have much time to begin with. Where would be a good place to start when trying to rank for something like a funny moments compilation that would have clips from multiple other videos all mashed together?
Hey Nate.
Yep. Titles are changing once again and Derral is now suggesting shorter more precise titles.
TubeBuddy Best Practices is also suggesting this.
title.JPG

OP
OP
DragoNate

DragoNate

TubeBuddy Star
www.dragonate.info
Subscriber Goal
@MadShotGaming
One-word tags are terrible though. Putting your whole title in the tags, one word at a time, just wastes space for better tags that will actually help you rank. Putting the title in there is a good idea, but as a single tag :)

Hey Nate.
Yep. Titles are changing once again and Derral is now suggesting shorter more precise titles.
TubeBuddy Best Practices is also suggesting this.
View attachment 1314
I've noticed TubeBuddy suggesting that, but I honestly assumed it to be more of a "it's simpler to see/read when viewers are browsing" kind of deal rather than "it'll help your videos be found easier"