Tools Tracking my stats, trying to improve them

Tito Tim

TubeBuddy User
Not really a question, just kind of talking...
I joined YouTube back in 2006 but did not upload anything. Over the next 6 years I uploaded like 3 or 4 videos, while I lived in Texas.

When I moved to the Philippines, in 2013 I was blogging, not vlogging. So in the next 3 years I uploaded maybe 20 videos. I started making more videos early in 2016. I also started tracking my channel and was thinking about monetizing it (although I had very few vids or subs). I monetized the channel in June of 2016. Since then I have posted like 200 videos.

I hit 1,000 subs right as I started using TubeBuddy. You can see when I started using TB, in Aug 2017, and I think it has helped me get more views and in turn more subs. So thanks for that! Since using TB I have gone back over most of my old videos and redid most of the tags, titles, thumbnails, descriptions, and added a lot to different playlists. I got an initial bump, but not a lot. Still, I think it gave the channel more continuity by getting the info more streamlined, and in the same formula. The old vids were dead anyway, so no harm in messing with them.

I am trying to get my watch time and view percentage up. I can see that it is climbing... but slowly... (need more bikini girls ha ha). I have been told I need to be more bubbly, but I am not a bubbly kind of talk show host. I am way too laid back for that, and I don't want to put on a false front (unless I could really sell it well). But I also have comments that people appreciate my no drama, laid back attitude. So I will just have to keep on being me.

For a question - what else would y'all recommend I track? Or do I just like data too much ha ha
What do you guys track?

Capture.JPG

Guitar Hack

TubeBuddy Pro
GuitarHack.com.au
The main one YouTube wants from you is 'Watch Time'.
If you look at your Analytics in Creator Studio, you will see them all in order of importance for YouTube. The first one is 'Watch Time' followed by 'Views'.
My main focus is Retention. (% Viewed) The longer I can hold them the more revenue I make. Average view duration is a bit bogus. If you upload a 1 minute video and have a retention of 40 secs, that's great. But looking at 40 secs retention time means nothing unless you can work out the average run time of all your videos.
So watch time and retention. The way to get both of them up is to look at when they leave on each video. IF you work that out you can place "cards" with links to your other videos or sites somewhere just before they lose interest.
If you use the New YouTube Studio Beta, there is a graph for retention for each video.
retention.JPG

kunicross

TubeBuddy User
I'm usually fine with the statistics youtube provides so I don't track them externally.

Also is there anything better then look onto nice graphs and excel sheets?:heart_eyes:

From your table I would really take a close look into the mid '16 till early '17 time slot it seems the more videos you do the more growth you get but on the other hand it seems to develope quite nicely anyway. :)

OP
OP
Tito Tim

Tito Tim

TubeBuddy User
I really miss some of the great software for the Palm. I had a spreadsheet program, Smartlist To Go, that synced with Access on the PC. I love my spreadsheets ha ha I really hoped some of the great developers would move to the smart phone, from Palm... did not happen... such is life. :p

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Not really a question, just kind of talking...
I joined YouTube back in 2006 but did not upload anything. Over the next 6 years I uploaded like 3 or 4 videos, while I lived in Texas.

When I moved to the Philippines, in 2013 I was blogging, not vlogging. So in the next 3 years I uploaded maybe 20 videos. I started making more videos early in 2016. I also started tracking my channel and was thinking about monetizing it (although I had very few vids or subs). I monetized the channel in June of 2016. Since then I have posted like 200 videos.

I hit 1,000 subs right as I started using TubeBuddy. You can see when I started using TB, in Aug 2017, and I think it has helped me get more views and in turn more subs. So thanks for that! Since using TB I have gone back over most of my old videos and redid most of the tags, titles, thumbnails, descriptions, and added a lot to different playlists. I got an initial bump, but not a lot. Still, I think it gave the channel more continuity by getting the info more streamlined, and in the same formula. The old vids were dead anyway, so no harm in messing with them.

I am trying to get my watch time and view percentage up. I can see that it is climbing... but slowly... (need more bikini girls ha ha). I have been told I need to be more bubbly, but I am not a bubbly kind of talk show host. I am way too laid back for that, and I don't want to put on a false front (unless I could really sell it well). But I also have comments that people appreciate my no drama, laid back attitude. So I will just have to keep on being me.

For a question - what else would y'all recommend I track? Or do I just like data too much ha ha
What do you guys track?

View attachment 1236
A Bit late, perhaps your Click through rate would be good to add.