• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Search results

1. Tito Tim

YouTube Question Odd comment behavior

I recently got a comment that YouTube held back for review, and I cannot get it to display on the video page. To be fair... it was an ill-informed opinionated twit. He made all kinds of odd accusations, that have nothing do with me: assuming I am retired military, saying how much money (he...
  2. Tito Tim

TubeBuddy Tips SEO tool to move tags

I have seen requests for TubeBuddy to be able to move tags around in the tag box (like drag & drop). I am unsure what the coding requirements or YouTube restrictions are, but I accidentally found a way to do it within TubeBuddy's SEO tool. When you are using the SEO tool, one of the options is...
  3. Tito Tim

YouTube Tips Plan your videos

As an expat/travel channel, I tend to wander around and film as I do fun & exciting things. I do some planning, but not very much. My shooting style, much like my channel, is unplanned. And my channel growth (or lack thereof) shows that. I am trying to work on planning more, and making tighter...
  4. Tito Tim

YouTube Tips Dump your intro?

When I first started posting vids I did not 'have a channel' per se, I was just posting vids for my family back in the US. So I had no channel name, no intro, no outro, no plan... When YouTube approached me about monetizing I figured 'sure, why not?'. That was when I made a channel name, some...
  5. Tito Tim

Need Advice Your experience with chapter marks

Do you use chapter marks? Do you think they help or hurt retention? I could see that they allow people to skip over parts they do not want, but that gives less view time. Or do they allow people to move ahead, instead of clicking off? Most of my vlogs are 'day in the life' kind of stuff. So I...
  6. Tito Tim

A/B Testing Hook & Thumbnail question

I like to add a hook at the beginning of my vids. Usually 5-10 seconds, showing something fun from later in the vid. After the hook I put a 3 second title/thumbnail, then the main vid. My current project is my wife making me eat some weird fruits (and some mango - mango is not weird). This 20...
  7. Tito Tim

Other Other than YT (or teh interwebs) what activities do you enjoy?

The lockdown has been pretty long and I finally finished the interwebs... there is nothing left to see. So, I ventured into what I think they call 'outside'. Have you heard of it? What do you do when not plugged in? 2 months ago my wife and I moved to Boracay, Philippines (1 island over from...
  8. Tito Tim

YouTube Question Sub notifications in analytics

I was browsing my analytics and saw something I had not noticed before - bell notifications (it is probably not new, but I have not seen it ha ha). I see my percentage of viewers but have no real basis of comparison. Does anyone know what is normal/good for notification percentage? One if...
  9. Tito Tim

YouTube News Official info on community caption deprecation

The Creators Insiders channel just released some news on the deprecation of community captions. He explains it well (but from the comments it is obvious people do not pay attention). YT will be removing the anonymous community captions. They will be adding a system to allow a 'trusted user'...
  10. Tito Tim

TubeBuddy Suggestion Make 'hide' setting persistent for the Quick Edit toolbar

Every time I am editing a video I have to click the 'hide' button on the Quick Edit toolbar. Could the hide function be made persistent? It is not a big deal, but a hassle. I can kind of see the use of the toolbar (not really)... but I have never, and likely will never, used it. It would be...
  11. Tito Tim

Need Advice Question about the new mid-roll ad policy

I got an email today about the new mid-roll ads policy. It says that when they change the limit from 10 minute vids to 8 minute vids - they will automatically inset ads. Even if you opted out before. They go on to say you can opt-out (again) by 27JUL2020. On the monetization tab there is a...
  12. Tito Tim

Answered Cannot login into the support (freshdesk) area

I am trying to see why my affiliate link is not working, but cannot login on the support site. A subscriber told me they tried to use my affiliate link and it did not work. I went to the TB main page, logged in, and when I went to the affiliate area instead of the usual affiliate page it was...
  13. Tito Tim

YouTube Question Confused about channel memberships

I got an email from YT today saying I was qualified for channel memberships. I went to my channel and activated memberships. There does seem to be a lot to set up now... But I was pretty sure I was not eligible. I looked at the requirements and it still says you need over 30,000 subs - I have...
  14. Tito Tim

YouTube Question Qestion about YouTube Creators monthly report

I received my monthly YouTube Creators report. It has an entry I am unfamiliar with. If it was there before, I never noticed it. My question is about "posts". It is not shares or community posts... but what is it? Views are down but subscribers is up... not unhappy with it. Just confused by...
  15. Tito Tim

Answered COPPA tool not showing up

User name: Tito Tim Title of thread: COPPA tool not showing up Request Type Browser Extension/TubeBuddy Website Tools What browser are you on? FireFox Studio Beta or Studio Classic? Studio Beta What version of TubeBuddy? v1.45.724 Is it related to a video? No Explain your issue: I do not have...
  16. Tito Tim

Automotive Pics of your current setup

I know we all want newer, bigger, fancier setups... but what does everyone have now? I have a nice Fuji Finepix (from 2012, in the US). It is old but serviceable, the optical zoom and shutter speed are nice. It takes good still pics but has never been good for video. My biggest problem with...