• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Search results

1. MattCommand1

YouTube News YouTube CEO Says YT looking into Crypto, NFTs, Web3 in 2022!

YouTube CEO, Susan Wojcicki released a letter regarding YT's 2022 priorities. It is a good read and very optimistic about the YT ecosystem. Yay, for all of us. What I found eye-opening is their interest in opening up crypto, NFTs, and other Web3 options for its creators. Although I am on the...
  2. MattCommand1

TubeBuddy Tips Please stop abusing the TB Forum

I am not a moderator and Stanley is on vacation so I make this post in the interest of restoring the effectiveness of "What's New" area. The last couple days, it has been rendered useless by an unnamed account. This unnamed account (right now) has, so far, made over 50+ posts responding by...
  3. MattCommand1

TubeBuddy Stop Abusing the TB Forum

I am not a moderator and Stanley is on vacation so I make this post in the interest of restoring the effectiveness of "What's New" area. The last couple days, it has been rendered useless by an unnamed account. This unnamed account (right now) has, so far, made over 50+ posts responding by...
  4. MattCommand1

YouTube Tips Update Thumbnails & Titles Annually?

This morning, I received an unexpected newsletter titled "I hated my business and my content" from Vanessa Lau (known for helping people create Instagram content). It was a confessional she wrote about how she felt about her business in 2021 (not good). It is a good read and has some good...
  5. MattCommand1

YouTube Tips Tips & Suggestions for Making Thumbnails (Beginner & Intermediate level)

In recent weeks, I've found myself being repetitive on the issue of thumbnails. So, I decided to put up my own thread on what tips and suggestions I would make to a beginner. Please keep in mind that my tips & suggestions that this is my opinion at this time based on my own observations...
  6. MattCommand1

YouTube Tips What are pros and cons of YT hashtags?

Youtube hashtags flummox me. I use them because I assume that they are "signals" to YT to help my videos get discovered because of the search word/phrase. But also put my video on the radar for people seeking out other videos on a given hashtag. Hashtags are a 2-way street. I read and heard...
  7. MattCommand1

YouTube Networks Looking ahead at Vidcon vs. Vidsummit in 2022

I am curious as to how people feel about Vidcon vs. Vidsummit. I am thinking about attending one of these out of curiosity in the coming year. I hear the networking opportunities are big in Vidsummit which is the true value compared to the educational value. I know much more about Vidsummit...
  8. MattCommand1

YouTube Tips Honest Discussion on Importance/Unimportance of Tags

I just watched the most recent video by @Shelly Saves the Day who works for TB. View: https://youtu.be/6EPxK47Izv8 This is one of the best videos I've seen on the issue of tags. I have my own views on tags and I was a bit nervous before watching her video. I was concerned that she might...
  9. MattCommand1

YouTube News 150+ Copyright Claims Against YT Creator Covering Anime

So, this is a pretty scary issue I read about. Here are a couple of articles but there are many more published if you do a Google search. https://comicbook.com/anime/news/toei-animation-controversy-copyright-youtube-claim/...
  10. MattCommand1

Need Advice Info Cards: Good or Bad?

TB recommends incorporating Info Cards into our videos as part of the checklist when setting up a new video. I have, on occasion, used an info card for experimental purposes but it seems to be a very awkward process to begin with. I largely ignore/disregard that part of the TB checklist...
  11. MattCommand1

Need Advice Seasonality of videos

I know I've heard many times from @Stanley Orchard and perhaps @Damon the seasonality of their videos. In my realm, I also have one bucket of content that is "seasonal" (property tax appeals once a year). My question is how far in advance should I produce that content? Part of me thinks I...
  12. MattCommand1

YouTube Tips Writing Titles & formatting of Titles

I wanted to open a thread of discussion about people's opinions and thoughts about the appearance and format of video titles. 1. SOME PEOPLE USE ALL CAPS IN THEIR TITLES. 2. some people never cap anything in their titles. 3. Some People Cap The First Letter of Each Title 4. Some people like...
  13. MattCommand1

TubeBuddy Suggestion Two requests: Expand list of Quick Edit videos & list of shown videos

I have two feature requests. Now, that I have nearly 100 videos, I find it inconvenient that the Quick Edit toolbar (with the TB browser extension) only displays the last 30 videos. It is a great feature but I really would like it to go back further. Can this be expanded further to go back and...
  14. MattCommand1

Answered Missing trophies

I am missing some trophies that I think I am eligible for such as already have TB plug-in, being a PRO subscriber, and for making a post! :cool: Are trophies "automated" or given by an admin?
  15. MattCommand1

How-To Channel Real Estate Guy Transitioning to Full Time Youtuber

User name: matt3006 Title of introduction: Real Estate Guy Transitioning to Full Time Youtuber Your name/ Alias: Matthew Where are you from? Georgia How did you find TubeBuddy? Sorry, can't remember What made you join the TubeBuddy forums? Learn from others, better utilize TB tools, Be with...