• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Search results

1. MattCommand1

YouTube Opinion One video 1000 views and the other 10

And so, that shows you how ignorant I am and how little I know that Mt. Everest and all those mountains are connected to Nepal. Wow, the different possibilities/variations of referring to Mt. Everest and mountains as a talking point / lead-in to the rest of Nepal is just crazy.
  2. MattCommand1

TubeBuddy Tips Please stop abusing the TB Forum

I agree that it isn't spam per se. But I also know that the TB Forums grant "awards" based on post counts which include free TB subscription upgrade. So, if someone is trying to get a TB subscription upgrade by spiking the forums with "low-fi" posts, I see it as an abuse of the privilege TB...
  3. MattCommand1

Entertainment Channel Kitchen and vlog

Welcome to the TB Forums! What a nice-looking channel you have!
  4. MattCommand1

YouTube Opinion One video 1000 views and the other 10

Amanda, I am chiming in because I have seen many of your posts and you are trying so hard. But I am not sure you are objective of how your channel might look to others. In my view, you have "authority" on Nepal simply because your channel name and every video I see on that channel is about...
  5. MattCommand1

YouTube News YouTube CEO Says YT looking into Crypto, NFTs, Web3 in 2022!

YouTube CEO, Susan Wojcicki released a letter regarding YT's 2022 priorities. It is a good read and very optimistic about the YT ecosystem. Yay, for all of us. What I found eye-opening is their interest in opening up crypto, NFTs, and other Web3 options for its creators. Although I am on the...
  6. MattCommand1

Question How Do You Backup

I am having a similar problem. My SSD drives are filling up fast on my main computers. I will probably have to explore some external storage options to free up space on my computers.
  7. MattCommand1

TubeBuddy Tips Please stop abusing the TB Forum

I am not a moderator and Stanley is on vacation so I make this post in the interest of restoring the effectiveness of "What's New" area. The last couple days, it has been rendered useless by an unnamed account. This unnamed account (right now) has, so far, made over 50+ posts responding by...
  8. MattCommand1

TubeBuddy Stop Abusing the TB Forum

I am not a moderator and Stanley is on vacation so I make this post in the interest of restoring the effectiveness of "What's New" area. The last couple days, it has been rendered useless by an unnamed account. This unnamed account (right now) has, so far, made over 50+ posts responding by...
  9. MattCommand1

YouTube Question What to do if old videos are no longer gaining views?

You can attempt to rewrite/refresh/update your titles, descriptions, tags, and thumbnails to encourage YT re-evaluate the video for recommendation. Or you can put group similar videos into SEO-friendly playlists. That might give a small boost to YT to try to do something with your videos.
  10. MattCommand1

Question how to export all videos in excel from YT Channel?

You can't export entire videos into Excel. Excel is for data only. If you want to download videos, that will have to be done manually. However, I think it is possible to export the titles, descriptions, tags, and other metadata. I think TB or VidIQ might have that capability in some of the...
  11. MattCommand1

YouTube Question Should I change my channel name?

Unless people know you already, you are probably going to have to explain "Ramblin vs. Rambling" and spell out "Reardon" also. Generally, you want to test out the name verbally, not just in written form. If people are going to misspell any part of your channel name in their attempt to search...
  12. MattCommand1

YouTube Question How Do You Overcome A Block in Creativity?

I agree with this. I know ideally we SHOULD be consistent and release X (fill in the number) videos a week. But sometimes, what we SHOULD be doing doesn't work. None of us live in a vacuum. We are all subject to other stuff in our lives. We are all imperfect, infallible human beings. Taking...
  13. MattCommand1

YouTube Question How to use another channel's footage without getting a strike?

@Brave Starr brings up a hugely important point. I don't think about music much simply because I don't use any music beyond the plain vanilla stuff that comes with my video edit software. Even then, I rarely use music. But yeah! I consider using popular music on YT a risky thing. Users, beware!
  14. MattCommand1

Thumbnail Feedback YouTube Thumbnail Art

Why are you posting random thumbnails? Are you advertising or trying to get people to visit your YT channel? If so, I am pretty sure it is against forum rules and, generally considered bad form.
  15. MattCommand1

YouTube Question How Do You Overcome A Block in Creativity?

So, you are hitting a common problem with many creators. We, as creators, want to be inspired and fulfilled from the experience. Simultaneously, people are yelling at us that "it is all about the viewer and what they want". But that doesn't always move or inspire us. What I say is that if the...
  16. MattCommand1

Thumbnail Feedback Is this thumbnail interesting?

I think the bright border does make it pop out more. I have seen darker borders used in other channels and it doesn't do much for me except that it does help with branding. But the bright border does seem to give it a kick! Good on you for bringing this topic up! I think I am going to try a...
  17. MattCommand1

Need Advice Growing channel

Just to be clear, using social media to share videos may get you extra views and exposure short-term but not a sustainable strategy to get big. It might actually hurt your progress. The user views you get from FB, IG, Tiktok, and other short-form social media will have attention span of 5...
  18. MattCommand1

YouTube Question How to use another channel's footage without getting a strike?

Plenty of videos on YT discussing fair use. It is too much to get into without a long writing exercise. Search "fair use on Youtube" in your YT search bar. It is that simple to find lots of videos on the topic.
  19. MattCommand1

YouTube Tips How Do I Get Seen On YouTube?

Your question is totally unrelated and goes against what the original poster is trying to teach. What you are asking to do is essentially link spamming on YT channels. Most experienced YTubers actively block any kind of links in the comment section? No one is allowed to share any kind of links...