• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Search results

1. Brave Starr

YouTube Tips Your Highest Viewed Videos Are Trying To Telling You Something

In case you haven't been paying attention, you might want to check your video list on your channel because your highest performing videos are trying to tell you something about your channel. I've gone through some member's channels looking to see how their content fairs and sometimes I notice...
  2. Brave Starr

Facebook What Do You Think About Facebook's New Company Name Meta?

Just so we're clear, Facebook, the social media site, is not changing it's name to Meta. Basically what's going on is Mark the Zuck decided to change the name of the parent company Facebook to Meta like Google did a little whiles back changing Google into Alphabet which is the parent company and...
  3. Brave Starr

Life Do You Celebrate The Upcoming Holidays?

My favorite time of the year officially starts today for me. While I like Halloween, to me it usually marks the end of when I am not allowed to listen to Christmas music without feeling weird about it. I know many might think November 1st is way to early for Christmas music and I will agree, in...
  4. Brave Starr

YouTube Tips The 10 Second Secret To Better Videos

Before I get started I wanted to thank @Damon for suggesting the book that gave me this idea, which I share with you here with a bit of my own take on it. The book is called How To Shoot Video That Doesn’t Suck. Definitely a must for any serious YouTuber. Now, on to the secret. What if I told...
  5. Brave Starr

YouTube Tips So, Why Is Sub4Subs Wrong? I’ll Tell You

I’m gonna be blunt, straightforward. You don’t own YouTube. You’re using their platform for free and even with a cheap, used smartphone and wifi from McDonalds you can record yourself on the phone, edit the video with a free editor, download free music for your video, upload the video to your...
  6. Brave Starr

YouTube Question How Do You Find Time To Be A Content Creator?

I started my first YouTube channel 3 years ago and it took me nearly 2 just to upload 73 videos. But along the way, I started having issues that forced me to stop creating content and since then I have only tried one more time on a new channel to start creating again and the same problem...
  7. Brave Starr

YouTube Tips Stop Being Lazy, Make The Effort

One thing I see most common from creators who wonder why they can't grow their channels is that they go around the Internet asking this question while showing they are not serious about being a creator because they can't even be bothered to do some of the most basic stuff, like adding an avatar...
  8. Brave Starr

YouTube Tips Why You Shouldn't Worry About Subscribers Yet

I get it. It's everyone's goal to gain subscribers. After all, we need them to be able to qualify for the YouTube Partnership Program (YPP) which means making that sweet, sweet mula, money, dough, caching. But if you look a little closer at the YPP you'll notice one little thing that is also...
  9. Brave Starr

YouTube Tips Being A YouTuber Is Like...

Being A YouTuber Is Like... Taking a long trip around the country in a car. The journey will be long but getting there is half the fun. Throughout the journey, there will be obstacles, sharp turns, and lots of traffic. You'll have to stop from time to time to fill up the tank. Take a bit to eat...
  10. Brave Starr

Official Will I Ever Get My New PC With Videocard's MIA?

Man, I'm learning the hard way that my dream of building a new PC is gonna cost me a lot more than I had hoped. I am working on getting a new PC in March but my chances of getting a good videocard right now are about as good as winning the lotto. Nvidia's 30 series is currently out of stock and...
  11. Brave Starr

Gaming If Only Quality Mattered More Than Profits In Game Developement

So it seems that CyberPunk 2077 has joined the likes of games like No Man's Sky and Anthem where trying to get people to pay for the game after all the hype was more important than providing a quality game with as few flaws and glitches as possible that don't break the experience from the start...
  12. Brave Starr

Facebook Facebook Just For My YouTube Channel?

I'm a bit torn right now over the idea of creating a new FB account just for my YT channel. I deleted my FB account about 2 years ago and I believe it was the best decision ever. But I can't deny a FB page just for my YT channel might be very useful in a world where people still use FB for...
  13. Brave Starr

Life Adam Ruins Everything In Real Life

Have you all not noticed lately how stories about how your favorite stuff are not what they seem to be? Did I really need to know that Subway's tuna was not really tuna? :joy: Did I need to know that the RobinHoodApp was a bunch of liars? :joy: Man, sometimes it seems we are living in one of...
  14. Brave Starr

YouTube Opinion Making It Fun Should Be One Of Your Goals

Many people start YouTube channels because they see others making money and they want a piece of that action. I don't blame them. I was one of those as well. The ease of just creating a free account, using a laptop webcam or your smartphone to record yourself or recording the games you have with...
  15. Brave Starr

YouTube Tips Your Audience Vs Your Subscribers - They Are Not The Same People

Every time I join the forums I always notice one thing in common with most of our members. You all talk about wanting more subscribers. And I understand why you always talk about subscribers a lot. Because it's a requirement to be able to monetize your channel which is the main goal for most of...
  16. Brave Starr

Food Changing Up The Menu This Holiday Season

As a Puerto Rican it's traditional for my household to make a typical Puerto Rican Christmas feast. The basics are a roasted picnic pork (Pernil Asado), rice with pigeon peas (Arroz con Gandures), sweet plantains (Platanos Maduros) and a salad like potato or macaroni salad (Ensalada de papas or...
  17. Brave Starr

Official What's Your Christmas Day Meal Like?

I've always seen that turkey is a common meal for Christmas in the US but being Latino we have our own dish that we specifically have to make every year. In our household roasted pork shoulder with rice and pigeon peas, macaroni salad and fried plantains is the most common meal. But if we wanna...
  18. Brave Starr

YouTube Tips Monthly Reminder: YouTube Growth Is About Time, Patience And Hard Work

For as long as I have been a member and a moderator for TubeBuddy I have seen new members join our community looking to grow their channels with one particular goal in mind. Monetization, making money. While the idea of starting a channel in order to make money off it is not a bad goal, it...
  19. Brave Starr

Life Do you have a day similar to Thanksgiving in the US you celebrate?

I'm curious. For those members who live outside the US, do you have a holiday similar to what we celebrate as Thanksgiving in your country? One celebrated any time of the year? I know Canada has a Thanksgiving Day of their own which they recently celebrated and honestly, I had no idea they did...
  20. Brave Starr

Gear Question Are Lights From Ring Lights In Your Face Painful To Your Sight?

I am somewhat sensitive to lights directly in my eyes so I am wondering what are your experiences we ring lights pointing right at your face while recording? I have an LED desk lamp I can point in any direction but I have to have it to the side to avoid having the light straight in my eyes. I...