• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Search results

1. Kindred

YouTube Question Copyright claims from old videos?!

Thanks for all your help guys - I will be taking all that advice onboard and have contacted youtube via twitter as @SILTHW suggested. I will keep you guys updated. Honestly so grateful for this forum :)
  2. Kindred

Yeah the only problem is the video has voice over along with the music so I would lose the voice over part which is needed for the video
  3. Kindred

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgIrFUZfnAg for reference this is the music i used in one of the videos
  4. Kindred

Basically I’ve just noticed that 3 of my videos from last year (2020) have copyright claims on music. At the time there was no such claim, and the claim has only been put on recently. Does this mean the hours don’t count towards my watch time? Kind of disappointing as these are my popular videos...
  5. Kindred

Video Review Please review: What I eat + groceries - weekend vlog

Thanks so much for your advice!! I’ll definitely be taking it on! I’m so glad you enjoyed my video too ☺️
  6. Kindred

YouTube Tips How Do You Let You Views Interact with you

Sometimes you can also ask people to comment for a ‘shoutout’ type of thing in the next video. I’ve never done this but have noticed other people do it
  7. Kindred

YouTube Question Better weather- Less viewers/subs?

Ooooh I didn’t think about this! I do notice that on special weekends e.g. Easter my views go down so that’s a really good point
  8. Kindred

Need Advice Changing out all thumbnails

so the ones with the creamy coloured rectangles with italic text are the updated ones. Although my very recent videos are a new style I’m trying out - thank you I’m glad you like them ☺️
  9. Kindred

Need Advice Changing out all thumbnails

Yeah I did a revamp fairly recently - just changing up the ones I didn’t like anymore. I think it’s worth doing and will boost your ctr
  10. Kindred

Thumbnail Feedback Feedback on Latest Vlog Thumbnail

I like the layout and colours used as it stands out - also that you are on the thumbnail which I think helps. I think the curly writing is hard to read and didn’t stand out and the part your pointing to could be larger. Overall a really good thumbnail though
  11. Kindred

I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed the video and that you liked my home :) - I didn't realise the whole thing about cursive writing!!! -very interesting and something I will consider from now on. I also agree that the 'how to get away..' bit was a tad too fast. Thanks for providing me with...
  12. Kindred

YouTube Question what if I don't reach 4000 watch hrs and 1k subs in 1 year,

It doesn’t start from the beginning after one year (you won’t be back to 0 watch hours) but only hours from the last year will count. E.g. if you have 3050 in your lifetime of YouTube, it might only be 3000 in the last year and 50 before that. Hope that makes sense!
  13. Kindred

YouTube Opinion can you please tell me how much time it took to complete 4000 watch time

I've been doing YouTube for 2 years and still haven't reached it yet - I'm on 1200ish
  14. Kindred

Thanks so much for your advice - I completely get what you mean about the call outs etc being a bit too much at times - I think I just got a bit excited ahaha. I'm glad you noticed the changes I've made to my videos over time. It's tricky to strike the balance of clarity and style in my...
  15. Kindred

YouTube Question Comparing your channel

Yessss omg it hurts. I think especially if I feel like my videos are of a similar standard/quality but views etc are dramatically different. Or even if people do no SEO at all but their videos blow up
  16. Kindred

User name: Kindred Title of thread: Please review: What I eat + groceries - weekend vlog Self review: I have a new intro which I'm super excited to include in this video. I have also edited it in a way which is aesthetic and gives variety (VoiceOver, music and me actually talking). I have...
  17. Kindred

Channel Review Thoughts on my channel please

I think you have a strong sense of branding as your thumbnails are consistent so it's easy to recognise the videos as yours. I noticed one of your videos has done exceptionally well in comparison to the others (800+ views) - it might be worth thinking about how this video differs to the others...
  18. Kindred

YouTube Tips Long or short intros?

I think long intros are fine if you already have a large audience but short intros grab attention is you’re still a smaller YouTuber