• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Search results

1. Brave Starr

Official What's Your Christmas Day Meal Like?

I've always seen that turkey is a common meal for Christmas in the US but being Latino we have our own dish that we specifically have to make every year. In our household roasted pork shoulder with rice and pigeon peas, macaroni salad and fried plantains is the most common meal. But if we wanna...
  2. Brave Starr

YouTube Tips Monthly Reminder: YouTube Growth Is About Time, Patience And Hard Work

For as long as I have been a member and a moderator for TubeBuddy I have seen new members join our community looking to grow their channels with one particular goal in mind. Monetization, making money. While the idea of starting a channel in order to make money off it is not a bad goal, it...
  3. Brave Starr

Life Do you have a day similar to Thanksgiving in the US you celebrate?

I'm curious. For those members who live outside the US, do you have a holiday similar to what we celebrate as Thanksgiving in your country? One celebrated any time of the year? I know Canada has a Thanksgiving Day of their own which they recently celebrated and honestly, I had no idea they did...
  4. Brave Starr

Gear Question Are Lights From Ring Lights In Your Face Painful To Your Sight?

I am somewhat sensitive to lights directly in my eyes so I am wondering what are your experiences we ring lights pointing right at your face while recording? I have an LED desk lamp I can point in any direction but I have to have it to the side to avoid having the light straight in my eyes. I...
  5. Brave Starr

Life An Old Guy With A Childhood Obsession

This is not something I'm comfortable admitting cause it just seems odd for me to say this, maybe a bit embarrassing. I'm 44 years old and from time to time I get on YouTube and enjoy a nice playlist of cartoon theme songs from the 80's. I even find myself singing the songs out loud like I did...
  6. Brave Starr

Other The CloudFare Incident - The Human Factor At It's Worst

They call it fat fingering, the art of accidentally hitting the wrong key, or tapping the wrong spot on a screen by mistake (or because your hands are too big). This is supposedly what lead to half the internet crashing on Friday during TubeBuddy's first-ever Feedback Friday where Discord, plus...
  7. Brave Starr

YouTube Tips The "A B See The Results" Of A/B Testing

As has been said before thumbnails are one of the most important parts of uploading a new video. It's the first image potential viewers will see when searching for new content to watch. But what if you were told that your current thumbnail could use some improvements or changes that could...
  8. Brave Starr

YouTube Tips The Sub 4 Sub Ban Club

I know reading things like ToS is not a very common practice amongst the average person on the Internet. Some studies suggest less than 10% of people read the ToS for any website or program or even the rules of a website. Which reminds me: Please remember to read our Forum Rules and the rules...
  9. Brave Starr

YouTube Tips Remember: The Thumbnail Is The First Thing Everyone Sees

If you ever wondered just how important the thumbnail for your video is, always remember this one thing. The thumbnail is the first thing potential viewers see when searching. So if you want your video to be the video to go to in the search make that thumbnail pop, make it stand out, make it...
  10. Brave Starr

YouTube Tips Ideal Audience: The Not So Secret Tip To Growing Your Channel

If you've never heard these words before then this is the best time for you to familiarize yourself with what Ideal Audience means. To put it simple Ideal Audience is basically specific viewers creators are making the content for. As a content creator on YouTube, the first thing you need to...
  11. Brave Starr

Camera Gear My Logitech G920, Old But Still A Great Camera

I've had my G920 for quite a while now. I've been looking into upgrading to an actual camera for better video footage but I'm still not a point in my life where I can spare a few hundreds for a simple camera with better resolution. But amazingly enough, this little camera has served me well...
  12. Brave Starr

YouTube Tips Here's The Truth: Your Content Just Might Suck But There’s Still Hope

I know a lot of people may not like to hear this and I know it may come off too blunt and insulting. But there is a chance your content simply sucks. Now, this is not to say you should just stop making videos and delete your channel. Not at all. While YouTube may not be for everyone, growing a...
  13. Brave Starr

YouTube Tips 3 Things To Understand Before Starting A YouTube Channel

When I tried starting a channel for the first time, like many, I had this fantasy of becoming a success, a hit overnight. I had no idea how YouTube worked back then, and even worse I had no idea how much YouTube had changed. What were popular channels at the time were the pioneers of YouTube but...
  14. Brave Starr

Twitter I've Met Some Hardcore Twitter Users In Political Content Side Of Twitter

This may shock you, but I was an avid Google+ user till the day it was shutdown. I was a pioneer, one of the first on the platform, and I loved it. But once it was gone, my options for a replacement were limited since I had already deleted my Facebook account only a few months before. Facebook...
  15. Brave Starr

Life This Pandemic's Been Bad, But Could Have Been Worse For Me

How have you been dealing with the pandemic? Florida has been slow to react and people here don't really seem to care much even with all the rules implemented to slow down the confirmed cases and deaths. I haven't exactly been a role model for properly following the rules and doing my part to...
  16. Brave Starr

Thumbnail Feedback Updated Channel Art For New Channel

OK, so here's round two of my channel art. Hopefully, this will be the final draft and that any changes are minor. I'm liking the changes. I feel it looks better. What are your thoughts? Be honest. (Images changed to reflect the corrections from the first post) This is my YouTube banner My...
  17. Brave Starr

Thumbnail Feedback My YouTube Banner Draft Image

Hello all, I would greatly appreciate your thoughts on my YouTube banner for my new channel. This is a draft, there are still changes to come but I wanted to see what you thought about it so far. I'll also include a look of thge banner on my channel. Thanks in advance.
  18. Brave Starr

YouTube Tips How To Gain Subscribers?

A question I see often in these forums and on Discord. So, this is going to be a blunt and straight forward statement. If you want to gain subscribers make good content people want to watch and make sure you give them an incentive to want to subscribe for more. But most importantly have...
  19. Brave Starr

YouTube Tips To Intro Or Not To Intro, That Is The Question

There are some who will tell you you don't need an intro for your videos. That's OK. Not everyone needs an intro. But an intro is a great way to expand your branding to make your name more popular. It's a great way to introduce new viewers to your content and to create a catchy theme ppl can...
  20. Brave Starr

YouTube Tips YouTube Is Not Easy - Accepting This Is Your First Step

Becoming a YouTuber has become a very popular pastime for a lot of people. Especially thanks to the current virus pandemic and people staying home with little to do for entertainment. In a way what was already a difficult process has now become even harder to do. Starting a channel and growing...