Search results

1. Damon

YouTube Question How is the Monetization Works in Youtube.

The greatest income comes from marketing and selling your own products and services on YouTube. Affiliates and sponsor deals you'll always have to depend on someone else's product to make your business. Ultimately you're in the same boat and depending on YouTube. Build your business, then build...
  2. Damon

YouTube Tips How do I get subscribers to subscribe.

Yeah, you have to have a niche, and you have to help for a long period of time. For instance if you are a mountain climber you can do mountain climbing tutorials or film your mountain climbing adventures. The larger topic is mountain climbing which would be too broad. Maybe you live near Mount...
  3. Damon

Need Advice Advice for beginners

There are tons of options these days. If you want something new, just get a Canon M50 or Panasonic G85. If you're willing to buy used, just get a Panasonic G7.
  4. Damon

YouTube Resources Fun Viewer Proposition Challenge!

Just for fun! My YouTube channel is for latent Force users who want to use the dark side of the Force. My videos will show you how to use the dark side without making the stupid mistakes of the likes of Plagueis, Palpatine, Vader and Ren. Oh, and we even have cupcakes! :imp::party::bomb:
  5. Damon

Channel Milestone 3000 views

That's a lot of people!
  6. Damon

YouTube Help My channel got hacked and deleted

Yeah, I've noticed a tons of these serious sounding e-mails. Man, I never click them. I go to the Adsense or YouTube channel directly. If there's a problem, Google/YouTube will notify you on dashboard page. Also if you notice the return e-mail is some crazy jacked-up address that could not have...
  7. Damon

Okay, I see what you mean: The time frame would be much much longer to accumulate the mass/backlog of videos needed. Also that's what I mean by scale: the backlog.
  8. Damon

YouTube Question Ever noticed by a larger YouTuber you watch?

How do you mean been noticed?
  9. Damon

And also what we enjoy may not be scalable to build a YouTube channel. For instance if you have a Mount Everest channel, well, you can't climb Mount Everest three times a week! So, you may have to do content you hate like teaching tutorials on tying mountain climbing rope knots or something. Or...
  10. Damon

Learn about filmmaking, video production and/or graphic design. They will help you make better content and thumbnails. Don't worry about other people's success. You just focus on getting better everyday.
  11. Damon

Need Advice Helping find a new niche

I find that it's best to do a life assessment. Literally make a list of everything about your life: where you're from, what you've done, your successes, your failures, your hobbies, your interests, your talents. List whatever jobs you've had. List skills and abilities. List things you've wanted...
  12. Damon

Editing Software Digital Film Grain

I've been experimenting with adding digital film grain to some of my video. Honestly I hate the way it looks. When YouTube gets done rendering it, it looks like a splotchy mess. Have any of your used digital film grain with success on YouTube? Also I find that a Tiffen Black Satin #1 filter has...
  13. Damon

Gear Advice What New Camera should I get?

Yeah, as your channel grows your camera choices will grow as well. Fortunately the cost of cameras is plummeting.
  14. Damon

Need Advice How do you take advantage of trending tags?

Ahh, okay, that's something I can think about!
  15. Damon

Need Advice How do you take advantage of trending tags?

Almost nothing I do is ever trending, but I was wondering how those of you who do or have gotten a boost from something that's trend, how and what did you do?
  16. Damon

Channel Milestone How ment milestones have you coved in the five years?

Man, I can't remember how many milestones. They usually keep coming once you're in a position like you're in doing what you love and making money at it.
  17. Damon

YouTube Tips Type of tags to use

Also what type of music are you producing? Start with that genre, then drill down to find longtail keywords that you can compete in.
  18. Damon

YouTube Help How long till your subscribers watch your videos! ~~wondering

Yes, I agree with Andrew. It took me years to dial in my content. I'm still tweaking it. By focusing on making better content you will naturally set yourself on a path to producing content that people will watch, find entertaining, share, comment all those things. The question then becomes how...
  19. Damon

Camera Audio setup - need some help

Glad you got it sorted.