Search results

1. Shawn Gossman

TubeBuddy Tips Share Content In Facebook Groups

Facebook was and really still is my biggest source of traffic. My channel is based on a local niche therefore, local groups often expect me to post a link to my video. However, Facebook is changing its algorithm to a point where external links don't get the attention they used to. I can already...
  2. Shawn Gossman

Need Advice How Will People React to YouTube Tips From a Small YouTuber?

To be honest, I'd rather watch tips from smaller tubers than the larger ones. Small channels are really dependent on their strategies for growth. Bigger tip channels are good but a lot of the repeat the same content over and over because their stats tell them that content gets them more...
  3. Shawn Gossman

TubeBuddy Tips Effective Strategies for Gaining Subscribers on your YouTube Channel

I like my YouTube videos. On Facebook, it shows who likes the videos so it is a bit more stranger.
  4. Shawn Gossman

What was your first successful video that really took off?

Snake videos really got my videos to take off, here is one of them that go me a lot of engagement...
  5. Shawn Gossman

Official Post Your Latest Video Here!

10+ waterfalls in one hike :D
  6. Shawn Gossman

Need Advice How to get more views?

At 14 videos, I wouldn't focus on views. Like the suggestions above, you're a small channel, focus on growth of your channel and the videos you make, rather than the stats. I think focusing on stats too early overwhelms new channels and bores them of continuing. I see that from all the newbies...
  7. Shawn Gossman

Need Advice 14 subscribers, but not a lot of views. Help?

I'd work on making your channel more flashier as well. Thumbnails need bigger text sizes, with TubeBuddy, there is a lot you can do with a thumbnail as well :) Your channel art is nice but it needs something else, maybe some text explaining more about what the viewer is going to see? Also, make...
  8. Shawn Gossman

Need Advice Anyone using Tee Spring?

I created three t-shirts with them the other day. Before I launch any sort of store, I went ahead and bought them first. I want to see how good they are before I commit. I'll update my thoughts in the thread when I get them and wear them a bit :)
  9. Shawn Gossman

TubeBuddy Tips Are you a small channel that wants to earn revenue?

I always tend to get the urge to write articles when I visit this forum. So here I go again, haha. I think the topic of this article warrants it here on Tube Buddy so that is where it is getting posted! Are you a small channel? Do you want to make money with your channel? If you answered yes...
  10. Shawn Gossman

Huge Changes coming to YouTube!

But if you keep those channels going and increase the views, they will then become eligible ;) At least from what I understand, please correct me if I am wrong.
  11. Shawn Gossman

Always have a contingency plan just in case statements like this turn out to be true. I backup all videos and the project files for them on external hard drives. If I have to move elsewhere, all my content can go with me :D
  12. Shawn Gossman

Once I really started reading into today, I have come more and more to an understanding but there is still issues I don't like about it. But it made me think about something important. Like many of you, I made my channel for things other than earning revenue but I welcome to ability to...
  13. Shawn Gossman

TubeBuddy Tips Tags and Description Best Practices (How To)

Great article :) When it comes to descriptions and tags, I keep my strategy fairly simple. I start searching for keywords in the YouTube search box and then pay attention to what "recommended search strings" are popping up, then I research those. High search rates, low competition = winner. I...
  14. Shawn Gossman

I see it as good and bad. Myself personally, I don't see myself earning a big profit from AdSense for a very long time. Instead, I focus more on local advertising since my niche is local and that is probably the best area to capitalize. But I am still fine dishing everything out of my own pocket...
  15. Shawn Gossman

If You've Been Affected by the Recent Demonetization issues...

I submitted the form. My hiking videos aimed at fun for the whole family constantly get the yellow icon. I don't get it...
  16. Shawn Gossman

Need Advice I did the next best thing to training a group of carrier pigeons to video my hikes!

I bought a drone... First time drone user. Picked up the new Karma 6 Drone from GoPro. I know there is a lot of other better options but I'm a fan of GoPro and all the review videos made me want one plus the handheld stabilizer is a bonus feature for me. My channel focuses on hiking so getting...
  17. Shawn Gossman

TubeBuddy News 2017 Year in Review

This was really neat :) Thanks for that!
  18. Shawn Gossman

TubeBuddy Tips Getting free gear sent your way...

So in my niche, I cover hiking, a great gear-influenced topic that has a lot of marketing opportunities for companies that want me to sport their stuff. I originally got contacted by an Asia-based company. They wanted to send me their sleeping pads for free in return that I make a video...
  19. Shawn Gossman

TubeBuddy Tips Effective Strategies for Gaining Subscribers on your YouTube Channel

I originally had a much longer article but that pesky 10,000 character max limitation got me. Easy to change to 0 in the admin panel :P ;) hint hint
  20. Shawn Gossman

Hello everyone, I am a firm believer that if you have knowledge about something, you should share it with the world so that everyone may rejoice with that awesome knowledge. In part of that statement, I wanted to create an article here on the TubeBuddy community focusing on effective strategies...