Recent content by PhotoJoseph

1. PhotoJoseph

Thumbnail Feedback Is YouTube downscaling 1920x1080 thumbnails to 1280x720?

Thanks Andrew. Hopefully uploading 720p will stop them from recompressing. Their version looks like . I’ll try 720 next time and then see what happens!
  2. PhotoJoseph

Thumbnail Feedback Is YouTube downscaling 1920x1080 thumbnails to 1280x720?

Hey folks. I've always uploaded thumbnails at 1920x1080, but have noticed a few times that when viewed large -- like when you load a video and see the thumb for a second or so before the video starts to play, or go to a youtube watch page and the video just doesn't play -- that it may look VERY...
  3. PhotoJoseph

Need Advice Should I Put my Show's Name in Each Video Title?

Thank you everyone for all the input! We've removed the show name and date from the titles (for all future videos) to focus on searchable phrases because of this conversation.
  4. PhotoJoseph

What was your first successful video that really took off?

This wasn't technically the first, but this is my most successful video. (There was one that took off before, but this one flew past it). I do a live show every weekday on photography, videography, live streaming, drones, and/or anything else that uses a lens. This video is one of the main...
  5. PhotoJoseph

Need Advice Help! I can't get any views!

How else are you promoting your videos? You can't gain any momentum without getting the word out. The bulk of YouTube traffic actually comes through the suggested video column, not as much the searches.
  6. PhotoJoseph

Need Advice Should I Put my Show's Name in Each Video Title?

I have a question/looking for advice I do a live show every weekday, and I put the name and date of the show (ex: PhotoJoseph's Photo Moment 2017-XX-XX) in the title of every show. (This is something I've been doing since before I used TubeBuddy, so it became a bit of a habit). It uses 39...