• Guest - we're building a commmunity team! Click Here to learn more!

Recent content by Shawn Gossman

1. Shawn Gossman

Strategy Share Content In Facebook Groups

Facebook was and really still is my biggest source of traffic. My channel is based on a local niche therefore, local groups often expect me to post a link to my video. However, Facebook is changing its algorithm to a point where external links don't get the attention they used to. I can already...
  2. Shawn Gossman

Channel Review What am I Doing Wrong?

Maybe you are overwhelming viewers with content. Just as an experiment, try uploading less. I went to one video each day for about a month and noticed my engagement, views and subscribers dropped significantly. I was also doing really long videos as well. Then I slowed down and only increased as...
  3. Shawn Gossman

Seeking Advice How Will People React to YouTube Tips From a Small YouTuber?

To be honest, I'd rather watch tips from smaller tubers than the larger ones. Small channels are really dependent on their strategies for growth. Bigger tip channels are good but a lot of the repeat the same content over and over because their stats tell them that content gets them more...
  4. Shawn Gossman

Channel Review All feedback welcome - Hiking/Outdoors Channel

Hiking with Shawn concentrates on promoting the US Shawnee National Forest and other hiking and outdoor recreational areas in southern Illinois. https://www.youtube.com/c/hikingwithshawn/ Link to my review...
  5. Shawn Gossman

In Progress End Screen Image

That is something your going to have to change in YouTube/Google. https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2976309?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en
  6. Shawn Gossman

Question When you end up sick, how does it affect your channel and content creation?

I have a stack of SD cards that are full of unused footage. When I am sick, I become an editing ninja and pump out new video content. So sick for me is good for editing but not good for the bank. The last flu I has gave me severe chest pains. I went to the DR and they made me go to the ER where...
  7. Shawn Gossman

Question Have Pranks on Youtube Gone To Far

Some of the pranks are funny but when they turn into "shock pranks", they are only going to result in a toxic response and the creators often no better... Most of the pranks though, are extremely duplicated and overused by channel after channel. Anymore, I skip the prank videos.
  8. Shawn Gossman

Vlog Channel Hello from a Video "Jack of all Trades". I am Glen

First of all, welcome! I wouldn't worry. There are alternative monetization tactics available to get you more money rather than having a middle man like AdSense/AdWords. Why not just focus on making your channel great for now and then worry about the rest, later. If we keep becoming...
  9. Shawn Gossman

Educational Channel Hey YouTube Fam!

Welcome to TubeBuddy, you joined a great community of some great folks here :)
  10. Shawn Gossman

Happy Birthday, Tito Tim.

Happy belated birthday :) Love that you shared some of it with us through your photography! :)
  11. Shawn Gossman

Strategy Effective Strategies for Gaining Subscribers on your YouTube Channel

I like my YouTube videos. On Facebook, it shows who likes the videos so it is a bit more stranger.
  12. Shawn Gossman

Channel Review Toy Channel require feedback

Looking at your channel today... I think you are off to a good start. But I do have a few bits of suggestions nonetheless :) As for the look at feel of the channel... PROS: I know instantly that you're a toy reviewer because your channel art tells me that right away. I think that is a big...
  13. Shawn Gossman

What was your first successful video that really took off?

Snake videos really got my videos to take off, here is one of them that go me a lot of engagement...
  14. Shawn Gossman

Official Post Your Latest Video Here!

10+ waterfalls in one hike :D
  15. Shawn Gossman

Technology What Microphones do you Use?

Just picked up the Rode Video Mic Pro... We have a special forest service road in my parts that closes two times a year for the annual snake and reptile migrations. I use a Sony AX-53 4K handycam for filming there. Mainly because I can zoom really close to a venomous snake without getting in...