• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Recent content by Damo’s Paintings

1. Damo’s Paintings

YouTube Help What am I doing wrong? How's this even possible?

Hey there, don’t fret man, you’re fresh in the YouTube world, and no intentions on being harsh, but it’s gonna be a long hard journey, especially at the start, I’m about 8 or 9 months into my channel and it’s still barely gone anywhere, the numbers are really crap and my sub count quite often...
  2. Damo’s Paintings

Gaming What is your favorite game?

Haha yep Need For Speed on mobile, it worked quite well but yeah there were a few features missing such as the ability to use brakes, changing gears and so on, but the graphics were insane and smashing other cars out of the way was quite entertaining too :laughing:
  3. Damo’s Paintings

YouTube Question Is it a copyright violation to do art tutorials of brands/characters (i.e. Disney characters)?

In some of my latest automotive paintings I actually left the badge off, but still got notified that it still violates IP, so that tells me that it’ll be more than the badge, probably things like headlight design, and distinctive shapes, it’s all good though, I’d rather play it safe.
  4. Damo’s Paintings

Forum News TubeBuddy Member of the Month December 2020

I’ll still be around here, chipping in my 3 cents worth, but it was great to carry the crown, but more than happy to pass it on :blush:
  5. Damo’s Paintings

Forum News TubeBuddy Member of the Month December 2020

Yay @Legacy I’m more than happy to hand over the crown to a worthy member, wear it with pride, and enjoy the moment :blush:
  6. Damo’s Paintings

YouTube Question Is it a copyright violation to do art tutorials of brands/characters (i.e. Disney characters)?

I had a very similar problem with Red Bubble, my landscapes were 100% fine as they were my own works, but anything automotive was removed (I wasn’t clued up on IP until that), as I’m sure BMW or McLaren or any auto maker wouldn’t want me profiting off their designs, which I can say I agree with...
  7. Damo’s Paintings

YouTube Question Does short video's watch time gets counted for monetization?

You’re welcome, oh I’ve been busy with my daughter, she’s good at using up energy and time that I don’t normally have, organizing her first birthday, and just getting through a variety of other annoying tasks, but anyways I’m back on here :) :blush:
  8. Damo’s Paintings

YouTube Question Does short video's watch time gets counted for monetization?

Well, VidIQ did a video regarding this, apparently shorts videos will eventually be monetized, there’s even a trial going on with it now, just gotta keep ourselves up to date on it, all still new for YouTube.
  9. Damo’s Paintings

YouTube Question Anyone else having comment sections disabled at random?

Check to make sure you didn’t accidentally set your video to “yes it’s made for kids”, as I recently discovered on one of mine, or if you didn’t set it to that, just go in and make sure anyways, and just check in YouTube Studio any restrictions, if it says “none” then you should be fine and...
  10. Damo’s Paintings

YouTube Question How long did it take you to find your voice?

7-8 months later I’m still yet to be discovered, hey we all gotta start somewhere :blush: :)
  11. Damo’s Paintings

What the hell, seriously? You know this is a thread about copyright stuff yeah?
  12. Damo’s Paintings

TubeBuddy How many videos do yall update a week?

Generally I go for once or twice a week, but haven’t done much lately.
  13. Damo’s Paintings

Life Have you thought about your New Year goals/resolutions?

Well, my New Years resolutions is to raise my daughter to the next level, she’s about to turn one, we’ve blasted each challenge that’s come, but now that she’s about to walk, well, new challenges rub hands while looking on at us, so I’ll be walking around parks and riverside places, and teaching...
  14. Damo’s Paintings

YouTube News You MIGHT be getting ads weather you like it or not.

Oh yes thank you ma man, I just came on to write up a little article about this, but I’ll leave my 4 cents worth here. The way I see it, there will no doubt be a nice mixture of pros and cons, but it seems somewhat many are focusing so much on the cons, and rightfully so, as YouTube hasn’t...
  15. Damo’s Paintings

Well, I’ve painted a variety of super cars, and made videos on them being painted and uploaded to my channel, no problems with anything here, so you should be fine to make tutorial videos and uploading them to your channel. I’m not gonna get into all this stuff about copyright, just too much...